May 12 Auctions America- Marder, Diamond T, Hellcat, Opel Mautlier

draganm

may 12th, 2017 Indiana, USA . from what I can tell most /all of these vehicles are from the Victory Museum in Auburn Indiana, which auctioned off a lot of vehicles in 2012. Not sure who owns them now but they didn't see to have traveled very far?

Like the last one though, I would expect this one to bring international bidders

According to Shadok-surving panzers the Mauliter15cm Panzerwefer 42 and Marder-3 AusfM chassis' are not original, still the maultier is one of only a handful of armored rocket werfers known to exist.

despite that some of the estimated prices appear low. Maultier at $50K, maybe a full reproduction would go that low?

The Diamond T with tank transport trailer looks really cool. $15K to $25K, well that would make someone really happy :)

1941 Krupp 88mm flak 36, $75K to $125K ?

1944 White M16 with Quad mount - $120K , high?

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=AS17&grouping=Featured%20Military%20Lots&category=

Certainly looks like a Detroit 6-71
so non-original power plant?

that would certainly kill the max value, but isn't the trailer alone worth a nice chunk of change?

any idea what's under the tarp, looks too small to be a tank? :-D

is it just me or does the maultier look like a replica based on a T16
the chassis is admittedly universal carrier, the drive sprocket is a little too far back, but something else about it didn't look right. Took a while but I finally see it. If we accept the one in Samur, with battle damage, as an original and compare. There is a slight downward slope to the bonnet, not much , maybe 5 degrees. the one in the US is almost horizontal to the ground.

attachment.php?attachmentid=125252&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=125254&stc=1

Here The Werfer tubes look suspicious and the support frame is too bulky. Front fenders looked fab'd for sure, wrong headlight brackets/lights

attachment.php?attachmentid=125253&stc=1

The 3rd one in Russia looks to have a lot of reproduced parts as well.

I'm not knocking the work done, as a reproduction it's well done, but the question is how much, if any, of it is original. For all intents and purposes, IMO I would consider this a replica that might have some original parts on it and people should bid accordingly.

opel maultier panzerwerfer France.jpg

1943-opel-maultier-panzer-werfer-42-rocket-launcher.jpg

nebelwerfer.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
it's a nice job but to sell it as a wartime maultier might cause a few legal issues with the new owner !
yup, buyer beware. Very few auctions will guarantee the items they sell for authenticity, and when they do it's never HMV's :)

interesting prices, about what you would expect . The reproduction Marder on the Stridsvagen chassis went for a lot

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=AS17&grouping=Featured%20Military%20Lots&category=