FV430 series photos with spare track attached to the front.

little ray

Hi all, has any of the members on here ever seen any 430's vehicle with a section of spare track mounted across the front of the vehicle, if so is there any photos of it and dose any one know how it could be done or was done as there really is no mounting points, I have seen it on the US M113a and other models tracked vehices, all help would be thankfully received.. please post or PM me any information.. Ray.

Hi Robin and Adrian, I was asked this question by an ex APC guy and had to say I did not know as he was in the M113's in Vietnam.

Robin I am not tiring to achieve anything so dont worry as I will pass the answers along to him and thank you.. Ray

Well thanks for the answers and the reply I got was from the guy was "thats why we got the good units as you could add extra protection."

Im sure I would rather be in the 430 than a 113 as you could see the holes in the sides were they were hit with heavy rounds. Little did he know that if our government of the time was not suck holing the US then he would have been riding around in one.