Ministry of supply vehicle rebuild programe

landrover nick

Looking for any information regarding the MoS wartime and post war vehicle rebuild program ,i know that all our vehicles which have been through the MoS rebuild program have a plate fitted giving information regarding the rebuild and some times a new identification/census number ,the war time system seams to have issued rebuilt Bedford MWs with new Z numbers in a range starting Z16------ and my own Bedford MWR was rebuilt post war as 34RD84 i have also found several Bedford MWs which were rebuilt several times post war on each occasion a new number being issued , my 80" landrover also had a MoS rebuild but retained its original census number ,at what mileage/age were these rebuilds carried out ,are the vehicles striped completely with each component being reworked to as new specification ,if this is the case either they used a very good parts storage system or all of our vehicles are just a collection of the finished parts that reached the end of the rebuild process at same time as the chassis ,after the rebuild what was the expected mileage/reliability for the new vehicle ,was the same system used war time continued post war ,would the large scale rebuild program have finished with the end of the MoS in 1959

Looking for any information regarding the MoS wartime and post war vehicle rebuild program ,i know that all our vehicles which have been through the MoS rebuild program have a plate fitted giving information regarding the rebuild and some times a new identification/census number ,the war time system seams to have issued rebuilt Bedford MWs with new Z numbers in a range starting Z16------ and my own Bedford MWR was rebuilt post war as 34RD84 i have also found several Bedford MWs which were rebuilt several times post war on each occasion a new number being issued , my 80" landrover also had a MoS rebuild but retained its original census number ,at what mileage/age were these rebuilds carried out ,are the vehicles striped completely with each component being reworked to as new specification ,if this is the case either they used a very good parts storage system or all of our vehicles are just a collection of the finished parts that reached the end of the rebuild process at same time as the chassis ,after the rebuild what was the expected mileage/reliability for the new vehicle ,was the same system used war time continued post war ,would the large scale rebuild program have finished with the end of the MoS in 1959

My WOT2 had a complete rebuild, even to the point of replacing the dash with a new one (without the instruction plates - there's still the dimples where they would be fitted but un-thereaded, hence knowing it was a brand new part).

Edited by Lauren Child