Berliet 1915 dataplate

Le Prof

Dear All,

I've just bought a WW1 dataplate from a French truck.

attachment.php?attachmentid=124851&stc=1

After literally seconds of ceaseless searching, :-D I found a very useful (if you can read French) page on how the French WW1 military registration system worked, complete with a list of serial numbers at the bottom of the page.

http://plaque.free.fr/f_mil3.html

This tells me that Numero Immatriculation 41015 was from a block of 5000 numbers, 40001-45000, allocated to Parc d'organisation de Dijon on 19th Jan 1915, to use on a batch of new trucks delivered by Berliet.

The plate tells me that the truck was then serviced on 12th Jan 17 at VV (?) by Andre (?)

I have three questions.

Is this plate the main official military registration plate, or a supplementary one for recording repairs and services on?

Given that the batch of 5000 Berliet is after Jan 1915, and before Jan 17, would this truck have been a Berliet CBA?

Does anyone have an original photo of a Berliet with a registration number close to this, or in the block 40001-45000?

attachment.php?attachmentid=124850&stc=1

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Prof

Berliet-CBA B.jpg

41015 A2.jpg

Dear All,

After literally seconds of ceaseless searching, :-D I found a very useful (if you can read French) page on how the French WW1 military registration system worked, complete with a list of serial numbers at the bottom of the page.

http://plaque.free.fr/f_mil3.html

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Prof

As a non French speaker, I cheated and let Google translate for me.

As a non French speaker, I cheated and let Google translate for me.

As a non-native French speaker, there are times I cheat and do so too....Shhh, you ain't seen me. Right? :-D

Great War Truck, thanks for the offer, PM inbound.

Best Regards,

Prof