Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new Sdkfz 182 / tiger 1 resto

Default Re: new Sdkfz 182 / tiger 1 resto

Personally the "Panther" I am going to try and create will be a replica, albeit with some genuine parts, but it will never be anything more than that. And that gives me a lot of latitude in its construction, the hull and turret will only be thick enough to avoid having to use an inner structure or framework which gives that "movie prop" look. The rest, well we will see, the Russian fellows who built the stunning Tiger 1 replica a few years back came up with an interesting coil spring suspension system...so the fact it is not a "restoration" will allow some real creativity

John
    Tanks, trucks and such...

2. Advertisement

Default Re: new Sdkfz 182 / tiger 1 resto

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcm View Post
    Personally the "Panther" I am going to try and create will be a replica, albeit with some genuine parts, but it will never be anything more than that. The rest, well we will see, the Russian fellows who built the stunning Tiger 1 replica a few years back came up with an interesting coil spring suspension system...so the fact it is not a "restoration" will allow some real creativity
    John
    sounds cool, but maybe hold off for a little while. With so many Tigers and Maybach engines popping up, a genuine Panther might soon be cheaper than a Sherman?

from FB, good to finally hear something from this collection again

Following a lead, the Wheatcroft Collection has recently unearthed a cannon buried in Berlin. It was located by a metal detector, and revealed itself to be a 7.5cm KwK 37 L/24 Close Support Gun. It appears to have been removed from a STuG III or a SdKfz 251 and converted into a festungspak during the street fighting in May 1945.

The gun is now back in the UK undergoing restoration after being deactivated. When permission is granted by local land owners, a further expedition is planned later this year to recover what promises to be the remains of a heavily destroyed Tiger I.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information