Hello from Denmark

Hello all :-)

I would like to introduce myself and say Hello to you all.

I am peter and i come from Denmark !

I have been eight years in the Danish army.One year as a privat, one year in sargentschool. Three years as a gunner on a Leopard 1 A5 DK main battle tank, and three years in the Danish (patrulje) long range recon patrol units. My rank is senior sargent.

I am about to buy some armor, but i am not sure as to what. Maybe a Ferrett, but only time will tell Smile

Good to be here.

Ps. i have dysleksi, so that makes me a C..p speller :-(

welcome there is always time to decide on a new tou . as for the spelling there's an easy fix for most of the mistakes just use the spell check at the bottom of the page .

I m very sure your not the only one with spelling problems :oops:

on the other hand your Danish is far better than mine!

Welcome aboard Peter, we need more mainland euros here! :whistle:

Well I think we have done our bit for EU relations :whistle: but we do get funding from Brussels to allow the Dutch guys to be here on HMVF :whistle:

Good to have you aboard Peter. Jack will give you a list of the rules at some point. You are not allowed to park your Leopard in the clubhouse car park - because it is full of pigs and ferrets - and an Iltis, which is German for polecat. We are all animal lovers here.

MB

Welcome to you – It’s always good to meet other Danes. I’m also relatively new to this forum. The other members are not at all as bad as they sound. A great deal of them suffers from the impression, that British vehicles are the best in the world so they are excused. ;-)

Peter, why not get a GMC CCKW truck instead of a Ferret? GMC's are easy to find and to a fair price.

Anyway - You will find interesting links on my homepage. If you are not already a member of a Danish club, then join one. Other club members will help you with good advices, spare parts etc.

If you ever come nearby Naestved, I can offer you a ride in my GMC. That will leave no doubts in your mind what to buy.

Answer to many: No - I do not sell GMC’s :-)

Best regards

Kim

I’m also relatively new to this forum. The other members are not at all as bad as they sound. A great deal of them suffers from the impression, that British vehicles are the best in the world so they are excused.

Ah you don't know us very well yet :-D, I have 1x US Dodge WC51, don't worry about critisim we that own them just know there the best. And a Land Rover 101, Love it but theres a special padded cell for owners.

Ok, British vehicles have one advantage. The steering wheel and instrument location matches the fact, that all British drive in wrong side of the road :-D. I’ll give you that. No US vehicle has that option ;-)

But in the rest of Europe, we are quite confident with our large number of well functioning Jeeps, Jimmy’s and you name it from US. :-)

Best regards

Ok, British vehicles have one advantage. The steering wheel and instrument location matches the fact, that all British drive in wrong side of the road :-D. I’ll give you that. No US vehicle has that option ;-)

But in the rest of Europe, we are quite confident with our large number of well functioning Jeeps, Jimmy’s and you name it from US. :-)

Best regards

Hey Kim,

Just goes to show, we're all happy with what we've got............... :-D

All the best,

Andy

Hello Kim, the name Hansen is very familiar that was my wife's name. Her family came from your country, or what was left of them after the SS had finished.

I bought a nice Danish Army generator in the summer giving 6/12/24 volts at 25 amps. Although it was a Honda never seen any over here like that just for charging.

Hello Clive

We are some 250.000 Hansens in Denmark today. (but we are not related all of us)

Out of curiosity - whats the story about your wife's family and the SS. Where they active in the resistance during ww2?.

Best regards

Kim. OK so quite a common name then. Father-in-law had a lot of turmoil in his early years won't discuss the past, whether the family were heroes or just ordinary people, I have no idea but for whatever reason they were largely wiped out by Germans, the SS I was told.

I knew the generator was Danish as I recognised your National NATO Code of "22". We get so used to seeing our "99" on everything.