Thread: 'Where Eagles Dare' German vehicles

Default 'Where Eagles Dare' German vehicles

I was wondering if any of you had any information about where all the German military vehicles were obtained from for the film 'Where Eagles Dare?' I know that some at least came from the Austrian Army e.g. the 1958 Saurer APC which appears in the film. What about the others? I believe 16 Kubelwagens were used in the filming and only two survived!

Thanks for your help.

Colin'

2. Advertisement

Default Re: 'Where Eagles Dare' German vehicles

Although not the film 'Where Eagles Dare' but in the British film 'The Eagle Has Landed' the clips of StuG III on railway wagons at the beginning of the film were filmed in Finland.
    Last edited by Whittingham warrior; 05-04-2017 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by colinmbarron1956 View Post
    I was wondering if any of you had any information about where all the German military vehicles were obtained from for the film 'Where Eagles Dare?' I know that some at least came from the Austrian Army e.g. the 1958 Saurer APC which appears in the film. What about the others? I believe 16 Kubelwagens were used in the filming and only two survived!

Thanks for your help.

Colin'
    No idea were you got the idea that 14 kubels were distroyed the german vehicles belonged to TLO film services and as far as i know none were destroyed and certainly Tony didnt use 16 maybe 3-4

My reference to this claim is Cinema Retro Movie Classics special on 'Where Eagles Dare'. Page 77.

'Of the 16 Kubelwagens used in the film,two are known to have survived,with UK-based Club 'Tiger1 ' claiming to own one'.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by colinmbarron1956 View Post

Thanks for your help.

Colin'
    Details here, http://www.imcdb.org/movie_65207-Where-Eagles-Dare.html
    jh

Quote Originally Posted by paul a View Post
    No idea were you got the idea that 14 kubels were distroyed the german vehicles belonged to TLO film services and as far as i know none were destroyed and certainly Tony didnt use 16 maybe 3-4
    The Kubels that were crashed were stunt replicas, crashed, straightened out and used several times over, so there were not 14 of them,
    I nearly bought the red Graf & Stift bus complete with bullet holes! that starred in the film when it came up for sale after filming
    Last edited by Nick Johns; 20-04-2017 at 08:31.
    Have owned all sorts of MV's

Thread Information