'Where Eagles Dare' German vehicles

I was wondering if any of you had any information about where all the German military vehicles were obtained from for the film 'Where Eagles Dare?' I know that some at least came from the Austrian Army e.g. the 1958 Saurer APC which appears in the film. What about the others? I believe 16 Kubelwagens were used in the filming and only two survived!

Thanks for your help.

Colin'

I was wondering if any of you had any information about where all the German military vehicles were obtained from for the film 'Where Eagles Dare?' I know that some at least came from the Austrian Army e.g. the 1958 Saurer APC which appears in the film. What about the others? I believe 16 Kubelwagens were used in the filming and only two survived!

Thanks for your help.

Colin'

No idea were you got the idea that 14 kubels were distroyed the german vehicles belonged to TLO film services and as far as i know none were destroyed and certainly Tony didnt use 16 maybe 3-4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

Colin'

Details here, http://www.imcdb.org/movie_65207-Where-Eagles-Dare.html

jh

No idea were you got the idea that 14 kubels were distroyed the german vehicles belonged to TLO film services and as far as i know none were destroyed and certainly Tony didnt use 16 maybe 3-4

The Kubels that were crashed were stunt replicas, crashed, straightened out and used several times over, so there were not 14 of them,

I nearly bought the red Graf & Stift bus complete with bullet holes! that starred in the film when it came up for sale after filming

Edited by Nick Johns