Lanchester SMG Sling.

Pete

Hi all. Does anyone know the length of a Lanchester sling (Tip to tip of the fittings.) ? As far as I'm aware, they were cut down SMLE slings. Or, does anyone know where I can get a correct one?

Thanks in advance.

All said and done, there was a designated sling for the Lanchester. If I can find out the measurements, I'll get one bodged up. (Our Keith will do a tidy job of it. ;) ).

What source do you have for a specific Lanchester sling? I ask as I don't know why they would have a shorter sling when the rifle sling fits perfectly. There's also no mention of it on karkeeweb but if there is one it will be mentioned in the naval EMERS or whatever they called them (NCIs?)

I visited the National Firearms Centre last month (Which is next to the Royal Armouries) and they had some nice Lanchesters. I didn't get chance to have a good look at them so I need to go back. I want to convert my Very Early Mk1 back to Semi Auto selectable and just need the dims of the selector knob and how the detent worked.

That's a good group you have going there. I'm not one for doing the reenactor thing either, I ware the uniform for real during the week so don't fancy it at the weekend.

I've attached a photo of some of my guns so you can see how a standard LE rifle sling appears on a Lanchster. The top gun is an original Mk1 (SA209), no welding as everything is screwed in place. It requires a selector knob and change lever to return it to the original Mk1 spec (Only a few hundred Mk1s were made). Middle gun is a Mk1 intermediate gun, that is a gun that has Mk1 parts but was made as a Mk1* (SA12859), bottom is a BOSS made Mk1* (77445)

attachment.php?attachmentid=124668&stc=1

IMG_7326.jpg