Ferret Modifications, .30 cal Browning tripod stowage

robin craig

There has been much written about various modifications of Ferrets based purely on official paperwork. I like to back these up with first hand or even better photographic evidence.

The the modification instruction C-30-541-000/CF-030 Stowage, Browning Machine-Gun tripod issue 1-11 Sep 1964 seems to be the ultimate smoking gun document for dating the change over for the Bren to the .30 Cal?

This is the one that details the stowage of the tripod on the left engine deck cover.

So, that then triggers the question, does anyone have a picture of a Canadian Ferret with the left engine deck without the fittings?

See what I mean?

• 2 months later...
There has been much written about various modifications of Ferrets based purely on official paperwork. I like to back these up with first hand or even better photographic evidence.

The the modification instruction C-30-541-000/CF-030 Stowage, Browning Machine-Gun tripod issue 1-11 Sep 1964 seems to be the ultimate smoking gun document for dating the change over for the Bren to the .30 Cal?

This is the one that details the stowage of the tripod on the left engine deck cover.

So, that then triggers the question, does anyone have a picture of a Canadian Ferret with the left engine deck without the fittings?

See what I mean?

attachment.php?attachmentid=126696&stc=1

IMG_1738.jpg