Bedford QL distributor

mark4974

Hi folks,

Can anybody confirm the correct distributor for a Bedford QL?

Mine is currently fitted with a Lucas DMZ6A which I will be sending for refurbishing but want to make sure it's the right one before I spend my money! When I have checked the parts list it refers to a Lucas 410503. The only other number I can find stamped on my distributor is 40405A.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Hi folks,

Can anybody confirm the correct distributor for a Bedford QL?

Mine is currently fitted with a Lucas DMZ6A which I will be sending for refurbishing but want to make sure it's the right one before I spend my money! When I have checked the parts list it refers to a Lucas 410503. The only other number I can find stamped on my distributor is 40405A.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

HI .. I have a Lucas DMZ6A 40405A fitted to my Bedford 28 hp engine in a MWD...works OK for me. Regards Andy B

Although these are covered in VAOS Section MT8 it gives no indication of purpose, whereas RAF Vocabularies usually do. Looking in AP21515E MT Electrical Equipment Section 16E the entries for QL are:

Maker's part no. 40033A Model DZ6A-P29/1

Maker's part no. 40033B (amended to 40523) Model DZ6A-P34

QLR

Makers part no. 412157 Model DBX6A/P45

PS

Mark DMZ6A without a suffix is just the model number that might have a range of different advance curves that can only be identified by the part no. eg 4045A.

Sometimes a particular model is recognised & assumed to be the correct item, but the part no. is all important to define it. For example the DZS4A is fitted to FFR Land Rovers & these are bought & fitted with conviction. But there are about 20 different types of advance curves within the DZS4A range used not just in Land Rovers, but the Morris engine in Centurions, the generator for Rapier etc