Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New yard find

Default Re: New yard find

Thanks Andy PM sent.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

2. Advertisement

It's a Day! Thanks to Andy Pumps now located and the spare dolly for my generator/arc set to mount on! Nothing like multi purpose.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Progress on this project. The trailer has now come out of it's den amongst the brambles and is in store in Phil's garage. The tyres held air enough for to tow it to the garage but if anyone knows of a pair of 5.50 x 16 please let me know. The condition is remarkably good, a patch of rust about 8 x 6 inches through the base plate and some along the edge of one side of the hose store boxes. A high power hose took off the muck, and a lot of paint showing that it was originally grey. Brakes are a bit sticky, but worked free so that;s a simple strip and clean. The next thing will be the pumps compliments of Andy. With the odd collection of bits that came with the trailer one running pump is almost a definite, maybe even both.

The trailer has at some stage been fitted with NATO trailer socket and screw in lights. Though so far I can't find a data plate on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clean trailer.jpg  

Last edited by Tony B; 09-04-2017 at 13:27.
    Leading the charge!

If I recall, that trailer was complete at one time but was stripped for scrap value, which I thought was a very short sighted decision.
    1971 AMG MUTT M151A2

Previously owned MVs- 3x LR 101 GS, 110 V8, Chevrolet Blazer K5, HD Wolf TUM, 3x Matadors, Zil 131, Ferret Mk1, Sankey trailer, Freuhoff Tilt bed recovery trailer

Ward LaFrance crew member A&E 2010, 2012

Qualified coal-hoofing spade-waver, Bluebell Railway 2015

Correct, Grasshopper! There were apparently two at one stage. The engine was supposed to be 'In the shed', but apparently that was scrapped as well. Mind you if the place is ever emptied it may turn up. Next bit is to try and negotiate some nozzles and fittings. There in there somewhere.
    Leading the charge!

Finally thanks to Andy, I now have two pumps! With the odd bits awe already have, mainly the two engine header tank filters, should be able to get both running. I'll post some picture tommorow.
    Leading the charge!

Any updates please Tony ? 😊
    I love Deep Bronze Green !

Current up date, slowly stripping them down, engines are both free but no sparks. Silly little things where they have sat like the carb floats stuck,. They are remarkable little machines, every thing is brass or alloy, no screws or bolts have frozen so far, but getting the exhaust primer valve off is going to be some fun. Time to break out the old Plumbers blow lamp. Work keeps getting in the way.
    Leading the charge!

Thanks mate👍 Good luck 😊
    I love Deep Bronze Green !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information