Bedford MWC Power Take Off Pump details

64EK26

Hi

Has anyone got some photos, dimensions etc of the following power pump items on an MWC

1. The lever mechanism in the cab that operates the PTO
  2. The Pump itself and how it is attached to the chassis, (including the chain drive)
  3. Where the piping goes
  4. The make and model of the pump

I have the details of the PTO, the prop shaft , the two support brackets and the chain drive gears on the drive shaft.

Cheers

Richard

Hi this is an interesting question i do not think i have seen a restored MWC with its original pto driven pump and fittings there seam to be a great number of different pto drives which will fit the Bedford gear box most of which are not war time fittings the correct pto drive for the MWR is shown in the first photo .

DSC00587.JPG

The control linkage comes into the cab as the small button on the floor which is pulled up to engage the pto

DSC00567.JPG

looking in the Bedford mw parts book lists a pto assembly only for the MWR is it possible that the company which built the water tank and assembled the truck also supplied the pto hence it not being listed in the Bedford parts book ?

Thanks Wally

A copy of the parts list (if you have it would be very good), a separate parts list makes sense as there is very little MWC specific items in the parts manual I have. Is there a separate MWC users manual/drivers manual ? as the 'drivers handbook' although it says it covers the MWC has nothing about engaging the PTO, but the MWR is mentioned. I think that my tank was made by AP Butterfields in Ripley, but there is no makers mark or ID's on it.

Cheers

Richard

RICHARD have you got the hand book water tank truck and water tank trailer covers BEDFORD MWC and the MORRIS

COMMERCIAL as well as the water bowser trailer. The tank on mine is made by Thompson brothers which is cast into

the tank lid the pump is not that big or heavy and it is mounted to the standard Bumper

REGARDS WALLY

Wally

I dont have that handbook, didn't know it existed, this will be invaluable for my MWC restoration. Do you have a copy, and is there any chance I could have a copy please ?

The PTO (minus pump) looks like this

IMG_2092.jpg

the 'U' supports sit between the chassis

IMG_2093.jpg

Standard PTO Attachment, with control in cab

IMG_2094.jpg

I assume that the double chain drive drives the pump which I assume is mounted on tha near side chassis

IMG_2095.jpg

The control mechanism sit in the cab, there should be another lever on the top

Cheers

Richard

• 1 month later...

Hi

Thanks for the input, I have restored my PTO, seehttp://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?55995-Bedford-MWC-restoration/page6

Quite happy with the result

Cheers

Richard