28v 90 Amp DC Vehicle Generator

Hello

All

Does any one know if there is a maintenance manual for this type of generator, my FFR Landrover is sounding like it is in pain as the generator could do with some grease on its bearings, but can't see anything that allows that to happen

Any help, greatfully received

Steve

Hello

All

Does any one know if there is a maintenance manual for this type of generator, my FFR Landrover is sounding like it is in pain as the generator could do with some grease on its bearings, but can't see anything that allows that to happen

Any help, greatfully received

Steve

The genny end casting bearing housing - end next to Vee belts (this is the BIG special and expensive bearing - Lucas borrowed it off Leece-Neville / Prestolite) ) , look at the top you will probably see a dome head screw and alloy washer (you may even see a tiny cup oiler) . Drip a little oil/grease MOS2 slurry in - see if it quietens. Normally it is a re-pack with grease at inspection check. The smaller rear bearing can be got at relatively easy IIRC , a while since I stripped a 90A