Alvis Stalwart

Hangar 53

Looking for a Stolly, complete or project, needs to be the right one, will know when I see it.

I know of one that was for sale in Florida, USA about 3 months ago. I can put you in touch with them. I think it was cheap, probably under 5 thousand USD.

...it cant be any worse than my Saracens :)

That's where you're wrong. It's every bit as bad as a Saracen, but with additional drive components and waterproofing to take into consideration.

Cool toys though, especially if it's a swimmer.

If you are looking to buy one, I would suggest buying the best one that you can find, even if it is more expensive than you had budgeted. Paying to fix things on one that isn't quite right will cost you more than that in the long run.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks again for the input chaps :)

i don't mind a bit of work.

we have a military vehicle workshop, that we run alongside our main one,

primarily, as a therapeutic environment for ex service personnel to spend the day tinkering, which helps their mental head-space.

its funded by myself, and it's open to anyone to just walk in, and either help, or just see some interesting pieces of history.

A couple of the volunteers have an affinity for the Stalwart, hence why I'm trying to find one.

Well I have a proper project that might be available in that case. Its not road registered the engine is out and its totally rotten above the wheels. My intention has always been to repair it. Its a mk2 with bolt in windows. the tillers and wash board are the only things missing from the swim kit. But it ant pretty.

It came with my other stalwart buy one get one free.It came with the engine lying in the back.

Well I have a proper project that might be available in that case. Its not road registered the engine is out and its totally rotten above the wheels. My intention has always been to repair it. Its a mk2 with bolt in windows. the tillers and wash board are the only things missing from the swim kit. But it ant pretty.

It came with my other stalwart buy one get one free.It came with the engine lying in the back.

That sounds great :) have you got a picture or two, and a price in mind please?