Commer Q4 body details

The Bedford Boys

Hey there, a friend of mine is restoring a commer Q4 with workshop body (see photo of type)

We would like some photos or details of the mounting between body and chassis.

As the bodies of these Commers were transferred to RL Bedfords here in NZ in the sixties and the commers put out to pasture we have no intact survivors to check against.

Other details such as spare tyre location and any other facts about stowage beneath the body would be good and photos are always great.

Commer Q4 Workshop.jpg

I am hoping this beast still lives somewhere in the UK as it is exactly like the one we have here. Ours is an electrical repair wagon from what we can make of it.

Any detail or help is appreciated

Regards Steve

Hey there, a friend of mine is restoring a commer Q4 with workshop body (see photo of type)

We would like some photos or details of the mounting between body and chassis.

As the bodies of these Commers were transferred to RL Bedfords here in NZ in the sixties and the commers put out to pasture we have no intact survivors to check against.

Other details such as spare tyre location and any other facts about stowage beneath the body would be good and photos are always great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124059[/ATTACH]

I am hoping this beast still lives somewhere in the UK as it is exactly like the one we have here. Ours is an electrical repair wagon from what we can make of it.

Any detail or help is appreciated

Regards Steve

One or two pictures here

Commer Q4 01.jpg

Commer Q4 02.jpg

Commer Q4 03.jpg

Commer Q4 04.jpg

Commer Q4 05.jpg

Commer Q4 06.jpg

Commer Q4 07.jpg

Commer Q4 08.jpg