FWD Brochure WW1?

welbike

OK Thanks Bob!! makes sense!

Years and years ago I could have bought (in France) a complete rear ammo box, in the original camouflage colors, not too much money, still regret it to this day! that's why I picked up the manual probably!

Cheers,

Lex

Edited by welbike

Yes, that is a civilian booklet. There are several versions of it and I have three. If it show the trucks with a shell type radiator (not the cast one) and with wood spoked wheels, it's likely Pre-1917. The post-war version from 1919 and on have the Canadian factory listed on the front cover and don't have the cable hoist illustration in it you showed. Some have a thin paper cover and some have a hard cover. I don't know how many versions of them were done but all I have seen are similar, each with slightly different content according to the model year. IMO, it's pre-war... or at least pre-USA-war. About 1916, maybe 1917. I sat down to try and figure it out years ago but I don't remember if I came to any conclusions on exact dates based on clues in the material and whatever I did see, I didn't write down.

Edited by 4x4Founder

Thanks Jim!

But this is the only picture from the front, can you date it by that?

Image1705.jpg

Pictures and drawings of wheels show wooden spokes, so must be prewar then? (well pre US WW1)

Cheers,

Lex

As said before it can be f/s. or traded for motorcycle stuff, WW1 or WW2

Edited by welbike