Easter in Symonds Yat

woa2

I am being dragged on a family Holiday from April 8th to 15th, staying in Symonds Yat on the Wales/England border. Does anyone here know of any Car shows or Car Boot sales in the Monmouth or Hereford area over that time? It does include Good Friday, so I hope a Car Boot sale or a Classic car show is possible.

Many thanks.

Robert

Robert,

South East Wales MVT are holding a military vehicle show at Caldicot Castle, Monmouthshire on Saturday and Sunday, 6th & 7th May.

The Castle is holding an open day on Friday 14th April and we have been asked to display a few, probably three or four vehicles, to publicize the seasonal opening of the castle and the May event.

Loads of other bits and pieces going on at the castle on the same day.

http://www.chepstowbeacon.co.uk/article.cfm?id=107483

Ross on wye auto jumble is on Saturday the 15th and coleford carnival of transport is on Monday the 17th, the auto jumble is mainly motorcyle but I always manage to find the odd goody :cool2: the coleford show is very good as they shut the town centre off and fill it with classic cars etc, there is usually a smattering of military vehicles, you never know I might drag the MW there if it's somewhere near finished.

If you like walking then have a stroll through the forest behind the speechouse hotel, during ww2 this area was used as the second largest above ground ammunition storage area in the UK. Also set in a wall alongside the speechouse is a memorial to Sgt Prior whose Westland Whirlwind crashed into the field sadly killing instantly.

At Goodrich Castle is a stained glass memorial to the crew of a Halifax bomber lost while carrying out secret radar trials the crash took the lives of some important scientists who were on board.

Car boots at Monmouth, Ross, coleford and Ledbury, Best to Google to find details etc, as I havn't been to a boot sale for yonks.

Hope that's been of some use.

J.

• 5 weeks later...
Robert,

South East Wales MVT are holding a military vehicle show at Caldicot Castle, Monmouthshire on Saturday and Sunday, 6th & 7th May.

The Castle is holding an open day on Friday 14th April and we have been asked to display a few, probably three or four vehicles, to publicize the seasonal opening of the castle and the May event.

Loads of other bits and pieces going on at the castle on the same day.

http://www.chepstowbeacon.co.uk/article.cfm?id=107483

Barrie

I will go to Caldicot Castle on Friday 14th. Hope to see you then. Which vehicle will you be with?

Robert Davey

Barrie

I will go to Caldicot Castle on Friday 14th. Hope to see you then. Which vehicle will you be with?

Robert Davey

Robert,

Will be using my Ford GPW, civilian registration - 961 YUP

Flying the flag of St. David from the aerial (gold cross on a black background).

Look forward to meeting you.