Vehicle storage

Ronsandt

Hello all, science I am going to be a new cvrt saber owner I will be asking a lot of questions. One is their any special storage considerations for cvrt vehicles. Like condensation on the inside etc. I will be trying to drive it at least once a month. Thanks.

If stored outside or in cold conditions, they will attract condensation and mildew on most of the interior surfaces if not aired regularly. If left uncovered, you will find water in the bottom of the hull. Some owners drill drain holes in the bottom of the hull to drain any accumulated water, as on occasions this casnnot be prevented (ie driving in the rain).

Vince

Yes, make sure the drain plugs are out and I'd also remove the oil drain plate under the engine/transmission.

If it's outdoors, it WILL accumulate water and if water gets in the torque rod boxes and freezes, it's annoying to have to weld them back up.

Oh, as my friend likes to point out- spiders *love* tracked armor.

Will be in a shipping container converted to a vehicular shelter.

Nice & secure, & at first thought Dry. However........I have found with experience, that shipping containers DO

Get VERY wet inside. Due to condensation! :-X

Even opening the sliding vents does NOT prevent this!.....:-(

If at all possible, open the doors & try to 'Air'. / Dry the container out, at least once a week.

If you can get a reasonable size Air dehumidifier, this will prevent a lot of this. But you WILL have to empty

The Water collection tray/ box also. At least once a week!...

The only 'Bonus' to this is. That the water is distilled, & usable for topping vehicle batteries up for Free!

& also good for usage in Domestic Irons. As it prevents the build up of lime scale inside. Which Kills Steam Irons!.....:-D