A.E.C. Dorchester

KevinT

I am doing a parallel build of AFV Club 1/35th scale A.E.C. Dorchester LP and HP.

Can anyone help me with any photos or know of any restored vehicles.

I do have the drawings pack from The Tank Museum which will be a great help.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Cheers

Kevin

I am doing a parallel build of AFV Club 1/35th scale A.E.C. Dorchester LP and HP.

Can anyone help me with any photos or know of any restored vehicles.

I do have the drawings pack from The Tank Museum which will be a great help.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin, as far as I am aware there is only one survivor with the early / type 1 body without the generator compartment louvres as currently modelled by AFV Club. This is the one still retaining the sunshade frame in the Royal Signals Museum at Blandford. All other survivors are of the later / type II body with the louvres on rear and side panels.The breakdown of parts for the model suggests that the later type could be offered in due course.

If you go onto the Braille Scale Discussion Group on Missing-Lynx.com - http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210 - and do a search for "Dorchester" sorted by date it will throw up a number of threads from November 2017 onwards containing information and photos of Dorchesters. You'll also find a load of posts prior to this, but I'm not familiar with their content.

Hope this helps.

There was an. AEC Dorchester at melksham landrovers it was in the brambles with no rear body but i saw it when Neil had just recovered it and it still had the front armour ! I wonder what happened to it as most of the stuff that did not sell was cut up apparently

• 9 months later...