cab tool blocks in a bedford MW

Danny P

On the left picture the pick axe blocks which were fitted in my late bedford mw which, to my opinion, are poor reproductions. On the right side a picture from the internet of some, I believe, correct reproductions for the (early) mw. Does anybody know if these blocks were made according to a certain standard or would they differ in each truck?

I might be asking too much for the original dimensions of these blocks?

cab tool blocks for early MW.jpg

Danny

20170103_203337.jpg

Hi Danny

The ones on the right look correct , they are the same pattern of what was left of mine, the only one that wasn't on mine is the one that is on the bottom row far right , is that for the shovel on earlier models instead of the spring clip and block ?

On the left picture the pick axe blocks which were fitted in my late bedford mw which, to my opinion, are poor reproductions. On the right side a picture from the internet of some, I believe, correct reproductions for the (early) mw. Does anybody know if these blocks were made according to a certain standard or would they differ in each truck?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123975[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]123974[/ATTACH]

Danny

Edited by Davey089

Hi Danny that looks like a set of blocks I posted on eBay a while ago, they're very close reproductions of early cab blocks the difference is that later cabs did not have the curved block for the Jack as it was located in a different position. I can make you a set using Canadian red cedar or give you a cutting list so you can make your own :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123975[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]123974[/ATTACH]

Danny

Ah jack block , that's why there wasn't one fitted on mine :D , sorry for changing subject slightly , if you're still going to make some of the door jambs Jeremy I'll have a couple :)

Hi Danny that looks like a set of blocks I posted on eBay a while ago, they're very close reproductions of early cab blocks the difference is that later cabs did not have the curved block for the Jack as it was located in a different position. I can make you a set using Canadian red cedar or give you a cutting list so you can make your own :D

Jeremy,

Could you give me the cutting list if you don't mind? Trying to safe some money on my project. Postage costs to the Netherlands always annoys me unless you can let the blocks float through the channel.:D

Thanks in advance,

Danny

Davey, how many slotted blocks for the battery cable are fitted and at what location were they fitted? Would it be possible to get the measurements of those blocks.

Jeremy, would it be possible to get the measurements of the pick axe blocks, if you have some time?

Thanks,

Danny

Davey, how many slotted blocks for the battery cable are fitted and at what location were they fitted? Would it be possible to get the measurements of those blocks.

Jeremy, would it be possible to get the measurements of the pick axe blocks, if you have some time?

Thanks,

Danny

Yes sorry Danny, not been very well lately but will sort it out for you :-D

Just the one , I have a spare one you can have , just postage cost OR if you can wait till September I'll bring one with me to Arnhem :-D .

Give me a couple of day's and I'll take a picture of the location for you

Dave

Thanks,

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had time to get under the truck yet to take a picture of its location .............. you haven't answered me :-D.................. do you want a block? no charge apart from the cost of postage , or wait till I come over to Arnhem in September :thumbsup:

Dave

Hope I'm not too pushy when I remind you both again to my questions. No further responses so far!

Who does not ask will not become wiser! :blush:

Danny

You're right, haven't answered you but were thinking you would send the picture anyway at some time. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I would love to come to Arnhem but am afraid the truck will not be ready by then. So, a picture and some measurements would be great as an alternative, but please take your time Davey as I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Danny

You're right, haven't answered you but were thinking you would send the picture anyway at some time. Sorry for my misunderstanding. I would love to come to Arnhem but am afraid the truck will not be ready by then. So, a picture and some measurements would be great as an alternative, but please take your time Davey as I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Danny

Hi Danny

Managed to get under the truck today ,hope these are of some use . Ignore the pozi headed screws I ran out S/S slotted , they are to be replaced :-D

Dave

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

Edited by Davey089

Thank you Dave, very useful pictures and dimensions!

Somebody who has the dimensions of the pick axe blocks as mentioned before (1 floor block and to clamping blocks)? Trying to make some progress on the cab now!

Danny