Whom to contact about ferret data

WCMatt

Question

Wasn't sure if I should have posted this in here or the MV chatter forum or British vehicles forum So if it's in the wrong place mods feel free to move it....

After I sold my last ferret (a Mk.1/2) I thought I was through. Well, about a month ago I picked up another one which incidentally is also a Mk.1/2.

I'd like to reach out to Bovy to see if they have my "new" ferret's history card on file. I remember years ago that if you sent them your vehicles hull #, a sase & a small payment, they'd send you a copy of your vehicle's service history.

I don't remember (hence my post here) who to contact at the museum or if they even still offer that service? Any help would be much appriciated.

Regards,

Matt

4 answers to this question

Wasn't sure if I should have posted this in here or the MV chatter forum or British vehicles forum So if it's in the wrong place mods feel free to move it....

After I sold my last ferret (a Mk.1/2) I thought I was through. Well, about a month ago I picked up another one which incidentally is also a Mk.1/2.

I'd like to reach out to Bovy to see if they have my "new" ferret's history card on file. I remember years ago that if you sent them your vehicles hull #, a sase & a small payment, they'd send you a copy of your vehicle's service history.

I don't remember (hence my post here) who to contact at the museum or if they even still offer that service? Any help would be much appriciated.

Regards,

Matt

PM sent as I am not sure the Archive & Library Officer wants their direct email published ... otherwise the starting point can be the web site email found here:

http://www.tankmuseum.org/schools-and-research/archives

Rego number, i.e. 03 CC 29. Costs are currently GBP 25.00 by PayPal, the two Ferret cards and DVLA letter can be returned as electronic scans, or original DVLA letter with photocopies of cards by post if requested.

Edited by AX201DF

Thanks for the replies!

AX201DF I saw that I have a PM from you haven't opened it yet but will soon. Thanks for the contact info

OZITIM Did the Aussies use the Mk.1/2? I don't think mine is Aussie as it would have been cheaper & easier to have imported one from the UK but that's no garuntee that it isn't.

robin33ba07 Did the Belgian ferrets retain the large British data plate on the inside above the driver's right shoulder?

I removed the data plate to get a look at the hull serial number (and to have a look at the data plate in better light as well). I know it's four bolts to undo the plate so the plate I have may not be for my vehicle. I did notice that the plate is marked for a Ferret Mk/1/1 and not a Mk.1/2.

Matt