Getting my WC63 ready for 1st show if the year......

tankdriver

Well,

I went out yesterday and started getting the WC63 ready for a Military show coming up this weekend.

I keep a floating charger on it, keep the tank filled, and use Marine / Ethanol gas treatment.

Pulled the choke all the way out, set the throttle cable about 1/3 of the way out, turn the key on and pushed the foot starter, and the old thing started right up.

I pushed the choke in, and the throttle in, and let it run for a couple minutes, it set and idled smooth. That was after it setting since Nov. 6th.

Very please with it. I hope the rest of the year goes as well......

IMG_1878.jpg

Well,

I went out yesterday and started getting the WC63 ready for a Military show coming up this weekend.

I keep a floating charger on it, keep the tank filled, and use Marine / Ethanol gas treatment.

Pulled the choke all the way out, set the throttle cable about 1/3 of the way out, turn the key on and pushed the foot starter, and the old thing started right up.

I pushed the choke in, and the throttle in, and let it run for a couple minutes, it set and idled smooth. That was after it setting since Nov. 6th.

Very please with it. I hope the rest of the year goes as well......

IMG_1878.jpg

that's a nice piece of kit !....luv them dodges !

I gather these are rare in the US, especially original beds.

Hve fun with it.

Well, I have to be honest.....

Mine was built in July 43, so it should have the bed, where you can not get in from the drivers side. But this one was used overseas, and given to the Netherlands, and can back to the US in 92.

Sometime during the war, or when it was used post war, somebody put the bed on it that has the shorter drive side storage box on it. It makes getting in much easier, so I have not put it back to the way it was built......

IMG_2422-1.jpg

Very nice bit of kit and bet the weather helps keep her happy:)

What is surprising to me, is this one was used overseas during WW2, then given to the Netherlands, and used till 92. Then came back to the US.

According to the build card, it still has the original engine in it, and it needs to be rebuilt. I have low pressure on 2 cylinders. 4 run about 110psi, and the other 2 are about 87psi. And it still runs great.

I plan on rebuilding it during next winter.

Last winter, I replaced the floor, the seals on the transfer case, and the wire harness.