Fire Extinguishers

Zero-Five-Two

I'm looking to acquire a couple of Military pattern Foam Fire Extinguishers to fit on the back of my tanker.

Like the ones on the front of this beauty

5762012911_7eaa949b20_z.jpg

Standard British Army issue 2.5 gallon. Once upon a time every unit had hundreds of them in offices, workshops, stores etc. I would have thought there would be loads of them in various surplus places, but so far none have come to light.

Anybody seen any around, or know where I may find a pair.

Oh, you can bet on that Neil, I'll also be doing autojumbles, antique fairs and even car boot sales. You never know what you'll find, I've done some of my best shopping at these sort of events.

That said, if you also put the word out on forums such as this, half the world is then out there looking for you as well.

Yeah, thanks for that, been and had a look and there is a couple that are only in Romford too so not too far to collect either.

Quick coat of paint and they would do nicely as looky likey ones. Eventually I would like to find the proper foam ones, as I found a box of powder charge refill packs for them in one of the tool lockers. It would be nice to have actual working ones