Daimler Dingo Underside Plates.

shopnut

There are four altogether. The rear two are the same (thin) ones on both the MkII and MkIII. Sorry, no idea about the MkI. The MkIi had thin front two and the MkIII used the weight saved by not having an armoured roof by just about doubling the thickness of the front two to increase mine protection for the crew. A bit later, MkII vehicles lost the armoured roof and at least some were then fitted with surplus/salvaged MkIII thicker ones. In any case, they are a pain in the ass getting in the way of maintence so I leave mine off all the time

There are four altogether. The rear two are the same (thin) ones on both the MkII and MkIII. Sorry, no idea about the MkI. The MkIi had thin front two and the MkIII used the weight saved by not having an armoured roof by just about doubling the thickness of the front two to increase mine protection for the crew. A bit later, MkII vehicles lost the armoured roof and at least some were then fitted with surplus/salvaged MkIII thicker ones. In any case, they are a pain in the ass getting in the way of maintence so I leave mine off all the time

To right they get in the way good move I think

Al

I've got my set for my dingo almost complete, having the front plate double and the nr. 3 (or was it nr. 4?) still missing.

The 2 front plates I've collected are different in thickness and design, not knowing why there is a difference. They both fit on the frame.

I don't know of anyone that leaves the belly plates on, as they do make maintenance painful.

If you go without the plates (as I always did) there is a tendency to suck up dust into the engine compartment if you go too quickly over dry ground.

Seems a small price to pay,especially if you drop small bits or tools on a regular basis though.

If you go without the plates (as I always did) there is a tendency to suck up dust into the engine compartment if you go too quickly over dry ground.

Seems a small price to pay,especially if you drop small bits or tools on a regular basis though.

On my Dingo, where the belly plates were missing I made new ones in thin metal that was easier to remove. Always + and - to have belly plates on a vehicle.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...