Arnhem 2017 dates ?

Ian L

Hi guys I was planning to attend the Arnhem events this September 2017 for the 1st time with my camper van & a couple of WW2 bikes.

Question #1 what are the best dates to attend ? for main parades & commemoration etc ?

Question #2 Is there a group I can tag onto that are not 24/7 re-enactors but just enthusiast's that want to ride around and visit places ?

Go to the 'Airborne Battle Wheels Oosterbeek' website.

From what you have said it is exactly what you are looking for. However they don't allow modern tents or modern campervans on the actual campsite. Some people do attend with modern vans to sleep in and park in the car park, though it is frowned upon. Hope this helps.

It's a good basic site, I camp there every year, fed once a day, hottish showers, toilet blocks and beer tent.

No power hook up tho.

Yes they allow you to park your modern vehicle on the side grass verges, which mainly taken up with trailers and tow vehicles.

The other one is the Bilderburg camp site just over the road.

That's got the lot Inc hook up, clothes washing and drying. The Battle Wheels site doesn't open until the Wednesday afternoon and even then that's still setting up.

Are you a 're enactors?

The race to the bridge on the Saturday is a great experience, but hard work on a bike!

Ginkel Heath on Saturday morning is good too, the vehicles and parachute jump.

There's normally a drop over the water at Driel on Friday too.

Lots to do and see, great atmosphere about, loads of 're enactors.

If I can be of any help just ask. I love the place.

Go to the 'Airborne Battle Wheels Oosterbeek' website.

From what you have said it is exactly what you are looking for. However they don't allow modern tents or modern campervans on the actual campsite. Some people do attend with modern vans to sleep in and park in the car park, though it is frowned upon. Hope this helps.

Hi I assume this is the web-site http://www.airbornebattlewheels.nl/category/agenda/ ?

No dates are mentioned just Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday which I assume is 14th-17th September ?

Edited by Ian L
Link added

It's a good basic site, I camp there every year, fed once a day, hottish showers, toilet blocks and beer tent.

No power hook up tho.

Yes they allow you to park your modern vehicle on the side grass verges, which mainly taken up with trailers and tow vehicles.

The other one is the Bilderburg camp site just over the road.

That's got the lot Inc hook up, clothes washing and drying. The Battle Wheels site doesn't open until the Wednesday afternoon and even then that's still setting up.

Are you a 're enactors?

The race to the bridge on the Saturday is a great experience, but hard work on a bike!

Ginkel Heath on Saturday morning is good too, the vehicles and parachute jump.

There's normally a drop over the water at Driel on Friday too.

Lots to do and see, great atmosphere about, loads of 're enactors.

If I can be of any help just ask. I love the place.

PM sent :-D