Cvrt hub oil seals

DINGODOUG

We have a Sultan which has a few leaky hub oil seals, These are probably the original face type seals which have to be broken out and replaced. Is there any way in which these can be replaced with conventional rubber seals? If so what is the correct size and where can they be obtained? I have no experience of face seals but they seem a rather odd choice for a hub on a tank.

I have no experience of face seals but they seem a rather odd choice for a hub on a tank.

Hi Doug,

Caterpillar and International crawlers had face seals in final drives, they are excellent as they prevent ingress of abrasive material, so I can see why they would have been used on a tank. Very expensive though, they had a mirror finish.

The face seals on the road wheels are actually Caterpillar seals! so Richard you are spot on.

Diana

Hi Doug,

Caterpillar and International crawlers had face seals in final drives, they are excellent as they prevent ingress of abrasive material, so I can see why they would have been used on a tank. Very expensive though, they had a mirror finish.

• 1 month later...