Mitchelham Priory WW2 day - East Sussex.

Hi all.

Just to make you aware of a local WW2 event in East Sussex, that I have now been placed in charge of (well, vehicles and WW2).

Last year the show was a great success, with a beautiful backdrop of Mitchelham Priory, and I hope that this year it can grow; it is taking place June 17th and 18th, which is a Saturday and Sunday, although Vehicles may arrive Friday evening.

https://sussexpast.co.uk/event/world-war-ii-day Please see link.

I am looking forward to vehicle bookings from you all. I have a list of last years exhibitors who I shall be contacting, but all new faces are welcome. It is free to exhibit and camping is available with your vehicle overnight (Friday-Sunday), although this has to be respectful due to the nature of the property, etc.

Unfortunately it is strictly WW2 and Allied themed ( Please email reference Axis bookings) even my own Land Rover will have to live in the car park, but we are welcoming-

Living History groups.

Displays.

Home front displays

1940's displays

and of course as many vehicles as we can take.

The only current stipulation for vehicles is they must be less than 3x3M in width and height, that's 9.8ft in old money. As there are restrictions on the gatehouse entrance. I have been also informed that 10T is the maximum weight limit of the bridge to the entrance. A GMC CCKW 353 will fit through, that was proved last year.

If you are interested, please contact me via my email sussexpillbox@gmail.com

And I shall do my best to book you all in.

Many thanks

Paul

Edited by paul connor