Reproduction FORD LYNX & DAIMLER DINGO OBSERVER SEAT

naaficook

GENTLEMEN,

I'm looking into making repro's of the rotating OBSERVER SEAT for the Daimler Dingo. I also assume they are the same for the Ford Lynx Scoutcar.

I've taken measurement of a original seat.

At this moment I'm trying to source the right materials to reproduce the original seat as close as possible.

My plan is to reproduce one seat for my own Daimler Dingo, and make a "kit" for other repro-seats of pre-cut parts (TAMIYA style). So it can be shipped and stored easy, and you can save costs by welding it yourselve together.

There is NO obligation to order right now, but I'm just looking how to make this project as economical as possible. So IF you got an interest, please react and then I've got idea of the scale.

I can't say anything about the costs, but material prices are the most easy thing to calculate. The costs for milling the notches are more difficult to calculate, also the costs for lasercutting the base and bending the seat-frame.

If you wish, you can follow the progress of this project on the public DAIMLER SCOUT CAR SOCIETY on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4370...37556/?fref=ts

The leather seats will be a different project, updates for this follow ASAP.

16711628_10211863268036441_1663538760748960609_n.jpg?oh=e9675657721778446deda1e5c243ce34&oe=58FE8C0B

Alternative you can contact me via email : naaficook@hotmail.com

(Mods : if listed in the wrong thread, please feel free to move this)