Grand day out!!!!!!!

hardyferret

Well off we went to Old Sodbury near Newbury, for the vintage sortout..

What did Mrs HF expect, letting me go with Mr T20, and pocket money

1 a brass pressure gauge :whistle:

2 door hinges 3 off :dunno:

3 tropical gas workshop heater

4 westwood ride on tractor

5 hydrovane air compressor

6 3 nice oil jugs

7 old desk fan

I did get fed up of being told what nice jugs I had :whistle: got really sad when we bought the fan :dunno:

Good day out not much militaria, and a cracking pastie stall :-o :-D

Keith who ate all the pies :? :? :? :? and another tilley lamp :whistle:

HF

Damn right!! It'll heat a 9x9 very effectively. The Doctor's lamp as you see has a curved tube to allow it to stand but will also chain hang. There is an optional white reflector to fit over the mantle top. The light it gives out is phenomenal. The picture was taken using the lamp as the only light source for a competion, didn't win but got a lot of favourable comments.

Yes, its a good design and a great addition to making a more complete authentic military tent display . I m sure lots went to the camping surplus dealers and have been trashed when people went to compressed gas cylinders for ease of use . Nice find.

Actually turned up in Redbridge after a fire in an antique store. The guy had a lot of smoked stock. A friend of mine was poking about saw a 'box' thought of me opened it and Volia!! He rung me said got £25 and the rest is it's now mine all mine :evil:

True and a good supply of new mantles is a Must, and if happiness is to continue a bit of fuel , or do you use kerosene ? or other . over here it was white gas , or Coleman fuel , some states completely band Kerosene as a way to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning from kerosene space heaters.

You should post a few of your rarer examples , I know I d be interested to see the verity.