Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No. 194

Default Re: No. 194

Secret Russian shot putting stand for testing naughty performance enhancing stuff, aerial view...hidden behind a hedge.
    Bernard Reeves

Rugged Robin now has his own page here: https://www.facebook.com/Rugged.Robin.tracked?ref=hl

Just love this quote from kmbizal, 'Personally, I think the Scammell is a neat truck. Kinda homely, yet appealing. These are one well-built recovery truck.'

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gritineye View Post
    Secret Russian shot putting stand for testing naughty performance enhancing stuff, aerial view...hidden behind a hedge.
    Ah so you are still around here Bernard. "Shot putting" not really & not a Russian device but was used by another large army of the time.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Not another vintage latrine? We will get to the bottom of this.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Is that a pit that the trees are surrounding Clive??
    Neil.

Dover Tunnel Team - entry hole plug!

1959 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 GS 16-CL-49
    1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55-FM-58

19xx UAZ 469

First HMVF invasion of Overloon - Feb '09
    First owner of an OT-90 at W&P

Dated 1905, copied from another Army. OK, what wa sthe British Army up to at that time? Just finished the Boer War and major reorginistaion, the other thing it could be, thinking Indian army, and that shape, an oven?
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtistsRifles View Post
    Is that a pit that the trees are surrounding Clive??
    It is indeed Neil as Richard spotted in #1
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Dated 1905, copied from another Army. OK, what wa sthe British Army up to at that time? Just finished the Boer War and major reorginistaion, the other thing it could be, thinking Indian army, and that shape, an oven?
    Well Tony the British Army were up to using these all the time. Not Indian Army although this has been ascribed to them, this particular design was attributed to a large Army/Empire of the time. Not an oven but special ovens were sometimes used in association with this installation in question. I will now answer your earlier reply.
    Clive Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Not another vintage latrine? We will get to the bottom of this.
    Yes well done Tony it is indeed a special sort of latrine. Just need to get the Army in question for the full points.
    Clive Elliott

empire was that a hint to roman

right!! You are now pushing my military/political history.So we have 1905? Who was about with Large Army /Empire. French, humm, they'd had the *** kicked out of them by Prussia in 1871 and were still recovering. Austro Hungary? they'd had the Prussian treatment a few years earlier. Germany as it now was, still developing. So I'll take a punt on the Otterman Empire.

Yes Russia wa sbaout, but would thier army have the technical skill to wield a shovel at that time?
    Leading the charge!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information