Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No. 194

Default Re: No. 194

Whoa!!! I think know what it is. The base for a light airship used on Channel Patrol in WW1.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Child View Post
    Lewis bomb?
    Oh there was a picture Lauren but now its gawn. Not an explosive device in its own right.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    A gun or mortar emplacement, perhaps?

Andy
    It looks as if it could be Andy, would normally not expect to be such a noisy situation.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Whoa!!! I think know what it is. The base for a light airship used on Channel Patrol in WW1.
    That's one I hadn't thought of Tony, I see what you mean but this is on a smaller.
    Clive Elliott

I used to shoot on an estate near Ashford that has the remains of something very close to this where an airship was based.
    Leading the charge!
    Jeeps posed for pictures Dodges were to busy working. I'm not mad! My voices say I'm sane! And I am not in the pay of Jersey tourisim No longer a 101. Now a Dodge WC54. If there is one thing makes me angry, its all the Incredible Hulk Films!! (Tony Banner)

Is it one of those concrete listening dishes that were on the Kent coast?
    Last edited by Zero-Five-Two; 13-02-2017 at 19:05. Reason: Spelling
    Rob
    Zero-Five-Two

If at first you dont succeed, get a bigger hammer........... avoid the disappointment and use the big hammer in the first place

One Militant is not enough

1954 AEC Militant Mk1 Timber Tractor 01BP60........aka. 375 UXK

1954 AEC Militant Mk1 Fuel Tanker 65BN57.......aka. 294 UYU

I used to shoot on an estate near Ashford that has the remains of something very close to this where an airship was based.
    I know where that is.
    Glad I wasn't around when you were shooting, could have been dangerous.
    Richard Farrant

1943 Bedford QLD - 1941 BSA WM20 - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk.2
    MVT no. 1087 - IMPS no. 57 - AMVCS hon. member and Comms. officer
    KVE President and Newsletter Editor

long time ago Dammed if I can remember the name of the place, lots of deer. That area was called Airship Now back to subject. Is the shape some sort of emplacement? The other thing that comes to mind is mobile radar.

Noise important? WW1 sound locator station
    Last edited by Tony B; 13-02-2017 at 19:19.
    Leading the charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Five-Two View Post
    Is it one of those concrete listening dishes that were on the Kent coast?
    Good idea Rob but this 1905 & what you have is view from above.
    Clive Elliott

long time ago Dammed if I can remember the name of the place, lots of deer. That area was called Airship Now back to subject. Is the shape some sort of emplacement? The other thing that comes to mind is mobile radar.

Noise important? WW1 sound locator station
    Someone has already suggested a sound locator Tony.

Not radar this is from 1905 used by the British Army but was copied from another major army of the time.
    Clive Elliott

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information