Interesting Dodge in Soviet use in WW2

LarryH57

I came across this on the web; scroll down about half way to a photo taken the centre of a town in Dresden 1945 and note the dodge on the left looking more like a post war verson.

There are quite a few vehicles to identify and the Zis-3 guns look as if two are being towed together!

Quite an interesting photo; if a modeller set it out as it is I'd imagin that someone would say it's posed!

http://wio.ru/galgrnd/zis3-2ru.htm

Edited by LarryH57

Oh I know the Soviets got thousands of Dodges but the body on the one in the photo must have been custom made, as its not like any US versions I have seen. Could in fact be a German body on a captured Dodge, as the cab looks quite 'erzatz' and if re-captured by the Soviet Army they may have thought it much more comforatable compared to the standard Dodge Weapons Carrier?

Edited by LarryH57

Soviet made arctic cab, and very nice too. I'd guess on an early WC 52 chassis ( it looks like it has the symmetrical headlight guards ) but could be on a WC57 or even a WC 63.

As fas as I know, the WC 59, 60, and 61 trucks, which had longer wheelbases, didn't come with winches, but could be wrong.