Dorking covenanter recovery

eddy8men

thanks for all the kind words

got to laugh though, i thought i was doing something important but once my wife told me about the bomb i couldn't care less if the tank got cut up, i just wanted to get home where they needed me.

puts things into perspective! however the tank hasn't been cut up and normal play will resume shortly :)

thanks for all the kind words

got to laugh though, i thought i was doing something important but once my wife told me about the bomb i couldn't care less if the tank got cut up, i just wanted to get home where they needed me.

puts things into perspective! however the tank hasn't been cut up and normal play will resume shortly :)

Good news on both fronts, then. Well done!

Andy

yes rog it's still on the track near the dig site.

interesting article in the times. didn't mention me anywhere. the truth is the film guys really hindered the recovery and have only offered me £150 to cover costs. it will be more like £2000 by the time it's done but i'm happy to have been able to recover it.

money will come and go but tanks are forever :D

The standard of the Times journalist Jerome Starkey is lamentable. He says it was unearthed by archaeologists is Rick one of these ?. Home Guard using Covenanters to defend London from a 'Nazi' (German) invasion ? good grief, the lack of historical knowledge.... Excavations led by Suggs; so Rick need not have been there.

i did have my revenge on suggs. on the tuesday morning my mind was on my family not the recovery, as i went to the dig site there was a group of film types hanging around, they'd heard about my family and were shaking my hand commiserating. i shook this one fella's hand then realised it was suggs and i said the first thing that came into my mind " f@ckin hell suggs you've aged" don't think it went down well but then again i'm not known for my diplomacy :D

i did have my revenge on suggs. on the tuesday morning my mind was on my family not the recovery, as i went to the dig site there was a group of film types hanging around, they'd heard about my family and were shaking my hand commiserating. i shook this one fella's hand then realised it was suggs and i said the first thing that came into my mind " f@ckin hell suggs you've aged" don't think it went down well but then again i'm not known for my diplomacy :D

Its a shame and scandal...... Too give credit to anyone but Rick over this whole project is madness and one step beyond ......! We all know who is the real hero in this...and anyone who disagrees is an embarrassment and needs to shut up and get the night boat to Cairo!...its enough to give you a cardiac arrest !!!Everyone in our house knows Rick is the Prince of Tanks.......

:D

" f@ckin hell suggs you've aged" don't think it went down well but then again i'm not known for my diplomacy :-D

I think that was just 'One step beyond!'

Strangely enough for a person involved in saving vehicles Suggs doesn't mention 'Salvage Squad' in his newish autobiography.

For those unfamiliar with Salvage Squad it was like Combat Dealers except something was actually restored though not always by the Salvage Squad themselves....

Edited by Whittingham warrior

i'm going back down on thursday to move the tank and reassemble it as best i can. we'll be using a giant 4x4 forklift to up end it and get the crap out of it, after which it will be moved nearer to the main building and put together with the parts we have.

i'm looking for volunteers to help with the resto. i'm bringing a gas axe and welder genset and an assortment of large hammers. anyone that knows how to use these precision tools will be most welcome :)

this will be a one day resto