Dodge WC cab vent repair advice?

TooTallMike

Hi folks,

We need to repair a rusty vent surround and drain on a WC open cab cowl. It looks like a horrible thing to try and replicate so I wondered whether there are any 'cheat' methods? I was thinking of slitting a section of tube or box of the correct size in half and letting it in but the corners will be a challenge...

Indeed, does anyone know of any repair sections available? I've looked in all the usual places but to no avail.

- MG

I'm just about to do that job myself.

I have a swager roller so going to see if i can replicate it. if its fairly easy i will attempt to make 2 if you like.

Thank you,

That would be very kind and of course we'd be more than happy to recompense as required.

Do you know how soon you'll be doing it?

Regards - Mike

I know someone who has made the tooling to reproduce both parts of the cowl vent seat on his WC54, will ask him whether he would make up some vents and if so how much they would cost.

cheers

Paul

If you can find out that would be great

Thank you,

That would be very kind and of course we'd be more than happy to recompense as required.

Do you know how soon you'll be doing it?

Regards - Mike

I get my scuttle back from blasters next week hopefully i,ll measure it up. Also see what P. marriot comes up with

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

We need to repair a rusty vent surround and drain on a WC open cab cowl. It looks like a horrible thing to try and replicate so I wondered whether there are any 'cheat' methods? I was thinking of slitting a section of tube or box of the correct size in half and letting it in but the corners will be a challenge...

Indeed, does anyone know of any repair sections available? I've looked in all the usual places but to no avail.

- MG

Hi Mike

I have made some tooling to make a new vent for my WC54 ambulance It is pressed out in one piece. there are two parts to it an inner and outer trough once welded in you would not know it had been replaced. I think the closed cab dodge is a different size to the closed cab. I can send you pictures.

regards Richard Taylor