WANTED 7.62mm GPMG

starlite

Howdy chum, welcome to the forum.

Can I suggest you edit your public profile and add a geographical are or specific place you are from because right now no one has a clue where you live and may not answer because of it.

Just a suggestion

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thanks for the heads up! After all these years! LoL all done. Thanks Robin.

I hope you have deep pockets and do your research. There are Supposedly GPMGs out there complete with poor markings but they are in fact Indian FN, US M240, scrap L7 & 8 parts and mixtures of everything else. In the time I've been looking I think ive seen 2 true British GPMG.

If you've got really deep pockets, Manroy will sell you a new one that's deactivated straight from the factory. That raises an interesting legal point - bearing in mind that the definition of a deactivated weapon is "any firearm that has been converted so that it can no longer discharge any shot, bullet or any other missile", what's the status of one that never was a firearm in the first place? :nut:

Andy

If you've got really deep pockets, Manroy will sell you a new one that's deactivated straight from the factory. That raises an interesting legal point - bearing in mind that the definition of a deactivated weapon is "any firearm that has been converted so that it can no longer discharge any shot, bullet or any other missile", what's the status of one that never was a firearm in the first place? :nut:

Andy

Would be a Realistic Replica. Covered by VCR. Check your De Ac certificate and it states very clearly 'A de-Activated Firearm ins NOT a Firearm. I had this argument with Met Police a couple of years ago, also took great delight in pointing out I had an exemption under VCR, so give me my bits of METAL BACK!! Took 6 weeks and various letters from High Parties. The repaeted bleat 'Our Guidlines' was dismissed as irelevant.

Not sure what you mean by 'old spec' in relation to a Gimpy.

Thats where things get interesting. If it is an inert example like the Russian AKs that Russ militaristia sold then I think they are classed as inert replicas and therefor fall under the term realistic firearm and be covered by the VCR bill.

No, I THINK He means all LMG class of Deacts. PRE April 8th 2016. ALL of this class were allowed 'dry' working actions.

PRE 8th April 2016, they ALL now have to be welded solid, with NO internal moving actions..........One of the 'Bonus's' of being in the EU.............STILL!!!!! :mad:

You will ned to show a VCR exemptiipn to purschase one from dealear. Though if you can show ownership of MV or re-enactment and public liability insurance, which is part of the membership of many groups, your fine.

Yes I used the MVT no problems

Al

Have you considered the air soft route I have one its not bad from a distance you would find it difficult tell them apart.

Al

I did did consider that I seen one in the flesh so to speak, it look very convincing but it just did not have the feel to it.

I did did consider that I seen one in the flesh so to speak, it look very convincing but it just did not have the feel to it.

You on Facebook at all mate??

Good friend, whose an engineer and machinist, does the conversation kits for the airsoft GPMG's.

Look very good, even close up

Their were two together at Stoneliegh yesterday. I didn't inspect them closely but 1 looked in average condition and 1 nice looking one. The average one had a £3,800 price label on the other was not priced.:wow:

These are the 2 in question. All I'll say is, don't believe the markings, and buyer beware.

http://www.battleflagmilitaria.co.uk/shop.php

I know who makes these. They are not genuine factory manufactured 'weapons'. But cobbled together from left over parts.

I was involved in manufacturing GPMGS & .50" Cal BMGs for many years.

The Nomenclature was ALWAYS engraved on the side. with an industrial engraver! These have HAND STAMPED letters/ number & are NOT correct!

it is as close as you will get to a 'Realistic' GPMG these days. As they are rare in private hands!....Their were a number of MAG 58's ex Indian Army floating about at one time. 'converted' to Brit L7 Spec. But these are now in private collections/ permanently with a vehicle display....