CMV Issue 189

johnwardle

I received the latest issue of Classic Military Vehicles in the post today, and what a difference!! As soon as I opened the magazine I could see how much it has changed, well written, varied content and above all interesting. The only thing similar to issue 188 is the front cover. Well done John, I hope that you can keep up the great work.

Thanks very much folks - it's a start and things will continue to evolve as the months roll on. To be honest, if it hadn't been thrust on me, I wouldn't have chosen January for a new start but I had no choice in the timing. Input from people on here is always welcome whether that's suggestions, contributions or corrections and if someone can identify the truck axle in the centrespread, from the distinctive spring mount brackets or the diff, I'd love to hear what it is. JC

Thanks for the further positive comments folks, I'm genuinely flattered. I have had a few emails - all positive except two - as well. One chap offered some positive suggestions (which I'll be taking up) and two were a bit troll-y. There are still things to do and improve as the spring comes on and, of course, suggestions, letters/emails etc from members of this forum are welcome. Thanks all. JC

Must have been good - I went into Smith's thinking I'd buy a CMV for the first time in a good few years and there were none to be had!

Almost the same happened to me. I went to Smiths and there were just two magazines left.

I think John has done an excellent job with the magazine and taken it to new heights. I am very much looking forwards to the next one. Over the weekend I had a flip through my stash of old CMV's and noted that there used to be a great deal more of readers letters than there are now. Are people not writing into magazines any more?

Hi John, Im delighted that you have received such positive feedback. Should the content be half as good as your efforts were for Windscreen then then I am sure that CMV will be twice as good as before....well done.

I made no secret as to the reason for me not buying CMV any more after my yearly subs ceased, mainly due to the amount of repetitive adverts. Could someone please give me some idea as to the situation of this now,I would think that John is best placed to answer this one ;);).....

Again well done for your efforts,you seem to rung some peoples bell..........

repetitive adverts. Could someone please give me some idea as to the situation of this now,I would think that John is best placed to answer this one

Are we talking about traders' ads or small ads and what kind of repetition? Traders pay for their space and readers want to sell their stuff. Ads are about 20% of the whole magazine. Let me know what you're thinking and I'll come back to you - being an 'editorial' guy I think about 'ed' rather than 'ad' pages. Ta, JC