Phony Achilles TD for sale on Milweb-BEWARE

jdmcm

For sale in Canada REPLICA Achilles....seller has failed to mention that this is a complete fabrication, including turret and hull, no real Achilles parts on it...no serial number, search YOUTUBE for "M10 tank destroyer out of control over a bank". Buyers Beware!!

Wonder if the technical issues with the transmission had some thing to do with the gear grinding as it went down the hill as in the YouTube footage.

I guess there was no film crew around when al quiring from highway thou hell recovered it as I thought it would have been in the series.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Robin, that is the same one...they are shameless when it comes to the outright lies they offer as to the "replicas" heritage...normally I don't get involved with commenting on others vehicles unless I have something positive to offer, but what this group did to the monument Sherman from CFB Chilliwack, who's care they were entrusted with, is nothing short of disgusting. One fellow MV'r likened it to robbing a fallen soldiers grave...

Edited by jdmcm

Mark they used the 3 piece differential you see in the video and a single Detroit 6046 engine, the same power plant they used to re-power the Canadian Forces monument Sherman they subsequently stripped bare...but that is another story. Once they had the drivetrain installed they realized the differential turned the wrong direction giving them 5 reverse gears and only one forward gear. Instead of changing direction of the differential, which is relatively easy on the later one piece units or changing the rotation if the engine, which is even easier given Detroits ability to run either way by changing the timing gears, they instead added a remote mounted truck transmission and placed this transmission in reverse. As you can see hilarity ensued. Looks good on this group....