BAD EXPIRIENCE!!!!! Transportaion needed: Kent to Colchester area.

ferretfixer

I need to Transport an RB 44 with Radio Body from TN23 in Kent. Up to CO7 outside Colchester. (Great Raydon Airfield)

I have had the most frustrating & unpleasant experience of being let down by a Forum recommended Haulier!!

It was agreed for a collection date of 30th November last year to collect the vehicle. After attempting to re contact Nigel of WHB Recovery with no result. A Lady representative Finally got back to Me, to inform Me he had had a family Bereavement.

That was perfectly understandable. Towards the end of December I felt that enough time had elapsed to approach the 'Company' again. It took ages to get a reply from this Lady working off a Mobile phone only.....

After some basic research, it transpires there is no company premises as such. It is based on a farm, fair enough. But they do not have an office, they do NOT have a landline number (Strange for a 'Business') there is absolutely NO way to contact them except by Nigel's mobile phone!.......I have left NUMEROUS Messages without the courtesy of a reply back from him!

I have also sent LOTS of messages via Ebay in an attempt to elicit a response. Which although delayed in replies, She did get back to me. with what I felt were excuses that didn't hold up. Each excuse was met with a polite but factual reply by Me!

I had been informed that he was back at work, but STILL was not replying to messages left on his phone!. I FINALLY managed to get to speak to him today (Sunday) where he got really annoyed & a stated 'Its Sunday' & Rang off!.... Well, yes it IS. But if you fail to respond to ANY phone messages. the person at the other end does NOT know what is going on!!!!! & I only did this, as some companies DO drive on Sundays in the UK.

Completely inaccurate information was passed to the Lady Rep about my Truck. & I have no idea how THAT was formulated? I have tried to be charitable & understanding over all of this. HOWEVER, this whole episode has left Me with no option but to feel. The outfit is run on a shoestring, EXTREMELY Unprofessional Customer Service, Almost TWO MONTHs have elapsed since an initial agreed collection date was installed.

There is no sentiment in Business we are told. & even after attempting to be VERY understanding from my end. I feel the whole mess was avoidable. All with the return of just ONE phone call !!!!......

So, time is passing, & I STILL need to get this truck to the location for repairs. So I can attend W&P this year!

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE, HONEST & Fair priced Haulier. recovery Firm to tackle this simple task?

The truck can drive to the low loader, But will most likely need winching up the ramps. Or dragging up with a HIAB/ ATLAS crane. As it has a badly slipping clutch! Hence the requirement to get it up to Colchester for the repairs!

HELP, PLEASE !!!!!.............. Mike.

Mike I found this chap Terry was good. Honest & turned up etc as planned. He is used to moving MVs but he might be a bit big for what you want. Not sure if you are in his coverage, but might tie in with return trip for something else. He brought my two MVs from Wiltshire to S.Wales in June.

http://thmhaulage.co.uk/

I need to Transport an RB 44 with Radio Body from TN23 in Kent. Up to CO7 outside Colchester. (Great Raydon Airfield)

I have had the most frustrating & unpleasant experience of being let down by a Forum recommended Haulier!!

It was agreed for a collection date of 30th November last year to collect the vehicle. After attempting to re contact Nigel of WHB Recovery with no result. A Lady representative Finally got back to Me, to inform Me he had had a family Bereavement.

That was perfectly understandable. Towards the end of December I felt that enough time had elapsed to approach the 'Company' again. It took ages to get a reply from this Lady working off a Mobile phone only.....

After some basic research, it transpires there is no company premises as such. It is based on a farm, fair enough. But they do not have an office, they do NOT have a landline number (Strange for a 'Business') there is absolutely NO way to contact them except by Nigel's mobile phone!.......I have left NUMEROUS Messages without the courtesy of a reply back from him!

I have also sent LOTS of messages via Ebay in an attempt to elicit a response. Which although delayed in replies, She did get back to me. with what I felt were excuses that didn't hold up. Each excuse was met with a polite but factual reply by Me!

I had been informed that he was back at work, but STILL was not replying to messages left on his phone!. I FINALLY managed to get to speak to him today (Sunday) where he got really annoyed & a stated 'Its Sunday' & Rang off!.... Well, yes it IS. But if you fail to respond to ANY phone messages. the person at the other end does NOT know what is going on!!!!! & I only did this, as some companies DO drive on Sundays in the UK.

Completely inaccurate information was passed to the Lady Rep about my Truck. & I have no idea how THAT was formulated? I have tried to be charitable & understanding over all of this. HOWEVER, this whole episode has left Me with no option but to feel. The outfit is run on a shoestring, EXTREMELY Unprofessional Customer Service, Almost TWO MONTHs have elapsed since an initial agreed collection date was installed.

There is no sentiment in Business we are told. & even after attempting to be VERY understanding from my end. I feel the whole mess was avoidable. All with the return of just ONE phone call !!!!......

So, time is passing, & I STILL need to get this truck to the location for repairs. So I can attend W&P this year!

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE, HONEST & Fair priced Haulier. recovery Firm to tackle this simple task?

The truck can drive to the low loader, But will most likely need winching up the ramps. Or dragging up with a HIAB/ ATLAS crane. As it has a badly slipping clutch! Hence the requirement to get it up to Colchester for the repairs!

HELP, PLEASE !!!!!.............. Mike.

You are not the first this guy has let down and most certainly not the last as I'm quite sure other forum members have experienced. I have had quite a bit of gear moved by this chap and to be fair he was reliable up until a couple of years ago when it all went pear shaped and caused me a fair bit of grief transporting a Live Gun.

He is NOT reliable !

Rob..................rnixartillery.

David Crouch

http://www.crouchrecovery.co.uk/contact.htm

Cant see why your upset I would have just found some one else. Unless you gave them money..[/quote]

I am upset, because a date WAS arranged & he failed to even have the courtesy. To inform me he would be unable to execute the appointment. It took a while for me to get an answer back from 'Bev' on her mobile (replied via email on her phone)

I have extreme difficulties on a daily basis in my own life. & time is very precious & in short supply! The quote was a very good one I felt, & due to that. I explained that he would also get the return journey as well. So not brush to one side job!..

Repeat failures & lack of Comms has left me despondent over the whole mess!

I cannot help but be left with the impression that the whole 'set up' is run on a shoestring & very unprofessional!....

And also that they both appear so Arrogant, as to hold others responsible. For their own Failures!!!!!!!!! Can you believe THAT????

So, Thank you one & all for your input on Hauliers. I will have to start all over again. & THIS time, with a Professional Company!

Oh I have been 'threatened' by 'Bev' about posting all about this as 'Slander'. The above is the TRUTH, so how can the TRUTH be slander?.........

Mark Howes has his own lorry with Crane, Ramps and winch. He also has his own Military vehicles and is well used to this type of move, from Norfolk. 07958612414:-)

I can vouch for Mark as well. He transported my ferret from near Gatwick to Newmarket, Suffolk and we have become very good friends. If he says he will be there, count on him being there.

I have no experience with UK based transport companies, but here in Australia, it's pretty standard for smaller companies or sole operators to use a mobile phone only with no office or landline (as they're on the road most of the time anyway).

Cheers,

Terry

Yes indeed! The common COURTESY of a phone call. Would have prevented all of this Mess!

The time wasted when I could have found another Haulier, the patient & understanding waiting

by myself. Trying to be decent about it all.

Only to find that they front out with absolutely NO responsibly for their own shortcoming.

And blamed ME, would you believe. For what THEY had FAILED to do!!....

All very saddening I feel.......:-(

However! On the plus side, Through this Forum. I have met in the flesh, So MANY Decent & Honourable

People here. It glosses over all the negative feelings built up over all of this Mess when I think about it! :thumbsup:

I am a regular contributor to this Forum myself, as are many others. & the Help & pleasure I have received

over the years on here. Make it a VERY positive experience, & indeed a good feeling. Of being a Fellow HMVF Member! In the words of Sister Sledge: 'WE ARE FAMILY'........:thanx:

Shame the forum doesn't do something like check a trader to help members, and no I have no idea how to set it up

Yes....many other forums have this. Just a thumbs up if you would recommend and nothing if they are incompetent. Typically for services and sellers....

• 3 weeks later...

The outcome.....(Well, at least half of it!)

I was contacted by a fellow forum member. Who wanted to bring a vehicle down, from near where I wanted mine to be delivered.

I was supplied with a Hauliers details. Who returned my call & agreed to do the job for an agreed price.

Guess what?.......HE didn't even get back to Me EITHER!..........

With all the wailing in this country about 'recession', Etc, Etc. You would THINK that any work would be jumped at, No?.....

Apparently not!!!!!

So that was now TWO of us let down THIS time!.......The saga continued.......

ANOTHER Haulier was recommended, & although the price was a lot higher. Than I had been quoted from the first Haulier.

I was so fed up with all the messing about, I agreed to the price given this time.

Result: Good Comms, He Turned up, Did a VERY Professional & Friendly job. (JUST what any decent person would want!)

And the truck was delivered safely!.;)

The truck is now undergoing the required work I want, & is progressing well.

All that will be required when repairs etc. completed. Will be the return journey 'Home' again! Will that also be 'Interesting'....Or will I use the guy who has actually come through for Me?.........:sweat:

Name that haulier !

Diana

The outcome.....(Well, at least half of it!)

I was contacted by a fellow forum member. Who wanted to bring a vehicle down, from near where I wanted mine to be delivered.

I was supplied with a Hauliers details. Who returned my call & agreed to do the job for an agreed price.

Guess what?.......HE didn't even get back to Me EITHER!..........

With all the wailing in this country about 'recession', Etc, Etc. You would THINK that any work would be jumped at, No?.....

Apparently not!!!!!

So that was now TWO of us let down THIS time!.......The saga continued.......

ANOTHER Haulier was recommended, & although the price was a lot higher. Than I had been quoted from the first Haulier.

I was so fed up with all the messing about, I agreed to the price given this time.

Result: Good Comms, He Turned up, Did a VERY Professional & Friendly job. (JUST what any decent person would want!)

And the truck was delivered safely!.;)

The truck is now undergoing the required work I want, & is progressing well.

All that will be required when repairs etc. completed. Will be the return journey 'Home' again! Will that also be 'Interesting'....Or will I use the guy who has actually come through for Me?.........:sweat:

Once again Guys. Thank you one & all for your input.

I will be compiling a list of Hauliers for potential use by Me in the future.

The Haulier I used successfully was: K.Drury & Sons. 07860 728204. Email: kdruryandsons@hotmail.co.uk

As for 'Nigel' the UN successful 'Transporter'. I am amazed you had a result from him at all!.....When he blamed ME for HIS shortcomings. after it was HE who suggested a collection date, & FAILED to come through.

And backed up by his 'Loyal' partner who also tried DESPERATELY to squirm & make excuses on his behalf!

All TOTALLY unessacary of course! Why not tell the truth about things? People will always respect you more, if your HONEST!....

I feel, he may have underquoted on the job & realised this later on. Well, why not SAY that, we COULD have worked something out I'm certain? (IF I could have got hold of him!).....

I am left with the opinion, that there will always be a need for transportation. So if some Hauliers don't get a particular job. They don't give a toss about it! Because there will always be another one somewhere else to do!.....

This attitude prevailed in a lot of other areas/ Fields. Until demand dropped off.....& THEN. Dealers/People CLAMOURED for business!.......;)

The best advertising comes from word of mouth. When endorsed by many others, you will be successful. It takes a LONG time to establish a good reputation. It can take days to destroy it!!!.....'Some' Hauliers seem to forget that. Or are stupid enough to not give a toss in that direction!........Until it's TOO LATE!!!......:help: