Tracing my FV439

little ray

I decided to trace my vehicles history and I used an address that I was given but my letter was returned with no longer at that address, could some one tell please who to contact as I have no paper work for it.

I asked on another site but I am locked out at this time so could any one supply some Ideas and costing if known.

Thanks Ray

Ray -

Your first port of call is the library at Bovington, if you haven't tried them already. They'll give you copies of the record cards showing the vehicle's history. It can all be done by 'phone and email and isn't expensive.

Andy

Hi Andy, I was just looking at their site but Im not sure what to ask for or how far do the records go on the vehicles, do they cover the areas of service as I have questions about the colours that are on it that have been painted over, 1 sand, 2 dark green, 3 pale blue, 4 light brown and black as its last coat.

I would be very careful of putting too much in the way of strength on the presence of a coat of paint, and the idea that Bovingston would know anything about that is thin IMHO.

Have you done the email freedom of information request to Her Majesty"s Government through the email form?

From whom did you acquire the vehicle and were they the first custodian since the vehicle came out of service?

What refit level is the 439? Perhaps a picture would help others help you a bit more than words as there is much that a keen eye can see.

Love to help more, what can you show and tell us?

Hi Robin, well as to your answers could you tell me about the information request to Her Majesty"s Government through the email form?

As to who acquire the vehicle and were they the first custodian, I have no idea as we picked it up from Gumtree here in Australia and it was owned by a mining company in Western Australia who stripped out most of inside and what was on top. it was one of two owned by them as the other was complete and $10,000 than mine so thats why we took this one and it was working as we found out later when my friend got the second one with heaps of problems which he now would like to sell. I have purchased a heap of parts to refit it and we use it to crush cars and trees around the farm.

It was one of a group imported into Australia some time back and spent its time here on the Western Australian gold fields moving miner’s around till it was taken out of service and left in a holding yard in Perth till my wife found it on the internet for sale, she knew I was after one so arranged for it to be shipped over to where we live and to shut me up.

With these details.. No. EA 16 75 on the ID plate and painted on the rear number plate area, Code No 07353001, FV439 Type 1, Hull No S1475.

It cost over $4000 to ship it across the country at the rate of $1 per kilometre.

I will put it up at this and try to do the photos as another post... Ray

6.JPG

1) my fv at the local show were the driver nearly squashed the car in front.

2) driving around the show ground for fun with no one around.

3) what the inside looks like just now.

4) the ID plate.

5) the other one that was for sale.

apc 067.jpg

APC inside.jpg

aspro 114.jpg

DSCN5533 - Copy.jpg

Hi Andy, I was just looking at their site but Im not sure what to ask for or how far do the records go on the vehicles, do they cover the areas of service as I have questions about the colours that are on it that have been painted over, 1 sand, 2 dark green, 3 pale blue, 4 light brown and black as its last coat.

Ray - email the Bovington library at library@tankmuseum.org and tell them you're after copies of the record cards. Judging from your photos your vehicle has been converted back to a 432 (all those seats!) although that may have happened in civilian hands.

Andy