North Oxfordshire Calling!

Ox&Bucks

Good Afternoon All,

Thought I should introduce myself, so here goes. My name is Ed and I am based in North Oxfordshire (between Banbury/Buckingham).

I own a 1942 BEDFORD MW. It has a general service body but it started life as a tanked version (MWC 39307). I believe it was converted at some stage in military service. I unfortunately do not know it's contract or Z number, or its post war reg.

My interest area is British WW2 and I am active with Home Guard and British Army Reenactment Groups.

My target is to one day have a Bedford QL project and I also love the smaller Humbers and Morris Commerials. If I won the lottery ; A Universal/ Bren Carrier is the dream.

I look forward to speaking with you all over the coming years!

Ed

Good Afternoon All,

Thought I should introduce myself, so here goes. My name is Ed and I am based in North Oxfordshire (between Banbury/Buckingham).

I own a 1942 BEDFORD MW. It has a general service body but it started life as a tanked version (MWC 39307). I believe it was converted at some stage in military service. I unfortunately do not know it's contract or Z number, or its post war reg.

My interest area is British WW2 and I am active with Home Guard and British Army Reenactment Groups.

My target is to one day have a Bedford QL project and I also love the smaller Humbers and Morris Commerials. If I won the lottery ; A Universal/ Bren Carrier is the dream.

Ed

Hi Ed welcome, I think its you that keeps popping up on my facebook page with photos of your MW at Bicester and with Ted, Julian etc.

Just found a card from 29/12/42 for 24 No. MWC for carriage of 20mm gun, I think they have bonnet numbers in the range of Z or S 4893958 - Z or S 4893981 They were titled "Truck 15 cwt 20mm Bedford " could your truck be one of these ?

contract number 294/23/S1969 the trucks had a flat bed onto which a 20mm anti aircraft gun was mounted.

Good Afternoon All,

Ed

Hi ed, good to see you've made it on here, you must nip over and look at that mortar trailer we've got and while your at it have a go in a carrier ;)

Hi RR,

That is great news. Thanks for looking that up. I have searched for information for some time with little luck. I had always assumed MWC meant water carrier, but it looks like that was an incorrect assumption. I will look more closely at my MW for any clues and try to get to the RLC Museum to look through index cards.

My MW does have a rebuild plate on it with the Vehicle number stamped as R979B. This is very odd as most have the post war Reg stamped here? Any ideas?

Ed

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=107229&d=1440496897

Just found a card from 29/12/42 for 24 No. MWC for carriage of 20mm gun, I think they have bonnet numbers in the range of Z or S 4893958 - Z or S 4893981 They were titled "Truck 15 cwt 20mm Bedford " could your truck be one of these ?

contract number 294/23/S1969 the trucks had a flat bed onto which a 20mm anti aircraft gun was mounted.