WW2 Aircrew Thermo Flask Decals

Ian L

If all else fails you could make your own relatively easily

Do the text in the appropriate font as a word document or image. It could then be simply printed in black onto white decal sheet with an inkjet printer. The decal would then need to be trimmed and sealed with a proprietary decal film such as that available from Microscale. It can then be applied like any other decal.

I have used this technique to good effect to make decals for 19 Set variometers and control boxes.

If all else fails you could make your own relatively easily

Do the text in the appropriate font as a word document or image. It could then be simply printed in black onto white decal sheet with an inkjet printer. The decal would then need to be trimmed and sealed with a proprietary decal film such as that available from Microscale. It can then be applied like any other decal.

I have used this technique to good effect to make decals for 19 Set variometers and control boxes.

Hi Simon funnily enough a friend emailed me with the same advise about an hour before I read your post.

Well I'm not familiar with this process but I'll give it a go, so I need to get some white decal sheet ?

What about the printer, I use an hp Officejet 7500A Wide format but no idea if that's an 'inkjet' printer ?

Ian

I'd be inclined to practice on plain paper first to check sizes etc.

Little Cars offer a good quality white decal paper and the Microsoft Decal film you need. I've used others but keep coming back to this stuff because the ink seems to dry much quicker:

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/white-decal-paper-for-inkjet-10240-p.asp

I spray the decal film with no thinning - seems to work OK

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/microscale-liquid-decal-film-11803-p.asp

HTH

sk

Edited by simon king