War and peace 2017 ?

Alan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any news on this years show, with the exception of a merry Christmas e-mail from them, it's all been quiet.

I see the application forms have not yet to be posted on their website either.

Alan,

Online booking form on the W&P website now. Cannot see a downloadable one though.

https://tickets.warandpeacerevival.com/ticket/5

Edited by Richard Farrant

Thanks, I only checked at the weekend too., and there was nothing there.

Not looking forward to the extra MOPS though due to the whole show being in the holidays. it's been nice in the past having a few days to explore the stalls and watch the demos etc without the crowds!

Thanks, I only checked at the weekend too., and there was nothing there.

Not looking forward to the extra MOPS though due to the whole show being in the holidays. it's been nice in the past having a few days to explore the stalls and watch the demos etc without the crowds!

I agree, Im not keen on it being during school holidays.

I only wish as a schoolboy I had been given the opportunity to go to events like this, but there weren't any. So the more young people that can see what the hobby is all about the better, be that as participants when a bit older or to expand their education it can't be a bad thing.

What does a vehicle and two people cost in total to book in, or two vehicles with four people?

W&P does not reply on my questions.

Info is here: https://warandpeacerevival.com/military-vehicles/

Basically its £35 for a vehicle +2 adults and 2 children. And another £30 if you have a support vehicle other than the essential ones like low-loaders.

So two vehicle with 4 adults will cost you £70. It has to be noted that the response times from the new organisers are indeed poor compared to Rex's team. I wound up selling my OT-90 because W&PR was the only show it ever got to and I spent 6 months trying to get an answer on whether they would honour Rex's deal on shared transport costs. They finally replied the month after I sold it.

Are there any show stopping vehicles that get in to the all new W&PR for nothing, for their 'wow' factor and are collected prior to the show and brought back to the MV owners home after the event? Was that ever an option with Rex?

Vehicles that get into W&P show (new or old) for free, I'm not sure other shows will ban them if that’s what you’re asking. Arranged transport or cost subsidies to owners of particular interesting types of vehicle have been part of the scene for as long as I’ve been attending shows from the first in 74 to present

• 5 months later...

I suppose it depends on how you arrive in the UK and what you have said in advance. If your Jeep comes on the train via the Euro Tunnel then I suggest you check with them in advance as they do not like 'surprises' even if you arrive with the correct documentation. If any of your weapons are replicas (fake) then you need to be able to dismantle them to show someone who has no appreciation of our hobby. Don't forget to carry the Deactivation Certificates with you for the deactivated (real) weapons you bring. Sadly the Eurostar / Euro Tunnel trains have often been evacuated or seriously delayed because a person carries a war relic on board such as a de-activated artillery shell.

As for the ferry companies I have heard that they are a bit more accepting but would still need some advanced notice of what you propose so as not to have you and your Jeep left on the dockside.

All,

I really miss the build-up / anticipation of previous W&P`s. The banter for weeks before hand, early set-ups a couple of weeks before the show (and associated pikey visits), live reporting of the set-up - oh and almost forgot, the show itself !

However, the endless bickering and `slagging-off` here and elsewhere over the past few years has been unfortunate. There always was an element of belly-aching (which is human nature !) but, am convinced it has itself contributed to some of the demise in recent times.

I just hope we can start to build again and, use the original site as a basis for this. Whilst the organiser will play a big part, ultimate success I suspect can only come from ourselves.

Suppose the real question is, do we want our show to thrive ? I know I certainly do.

Look forward to meeting old and new friends alike :)

Cheers,

Steve 82.

Hi Larry,

My message is a general statement under the overall heading of this thread - i.e. W&P 2017. It did not relate to your mail or or any others in the thread. Apologies for any confusion :)

Your message was indeed very practical and well-meaning - an aspect those attending the show from the Europe should make themselves aware of.

I still stand by my observations of previous shows.

Cheers

Steve 82

We all hear positive & negative things.

A regimental veteran's association who have been attending for years can no longer afford to come now that they are being charged £275 to pitch up their stall. A bit of respect for veterans & what we owe them is needed I feel.

But I have had no problems myself & look forward to coming & making a go of it.

Looking at the W&P show site plan of the Hop Farm there are some changes, the Trade/Stall area is smaller, not extending as far as the main road perimeter fence as this area is the Fairground, the area behind beer tent/toilet block formerly Officials/Stall area is now 40's Home front area, no "Quiet" camping field anymore behind the arena, it now has some structures built on it, the whole of the Right Hand side of the Americas field is now entirely the "Public Camping area", that will destroy the green camping atmosphere of years back and many be dissapointed they've lost their previous woodland camping spots .....and no mention of the helicopter? no loss there..

https://warandpeacerevival.com/trade-stand-layout-hop-farm/

Edited by Nick Johns

Looking at the plan, is there going to be enough room for everyone ? With the public camping now in a previous Mv field and more public car parking now inside the site (location of the old fun fair ?) and what looks one extra field of living history the space for MVs seems to have shrunk considerably.

one can only assume they have allocated space based on bookings?

Forgot to add, doesn't seem to be many toilet blocks either and showers only located at the back of the public camping and where the purpose built block is (close to the old model tent location).