War and peace 2017 ?

Alan

You are quite right Rik, I seem to have unwittingly taken up the batten. I don't really know why? Only probably because I see it first hand from the other side. The complaints on here are only a few and thousands of people always attend and seem to enjoy it or at least are satisfied.

However I can't help myself from getting annoyed at the some of the facts, figures and vast profits that are banded about! Obviously those people are privy to the balance sheets.

Ron

Edited by Ron

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice is " Take your own F*cking loo" like I do when I go to Normandy and any other rally. The £10 that some are whinging about will just about buy four coffees in most establishments.

Ron

Was there advanced warning saying "pay £10 for loos and bring your own (expletive deleted) loo"

If a £10 loo fee is charged, then why would people be expected to then have to supply their own (expletive deleted) loo?

It seems indicative from your postings that the loo company was hired, probably lowest bidder, without attention being paid to what was actually being supplied. Lowest price would appear to mean cheapest product version, a lesson that never ceases to be experienced anew in all facets of life.

Either address this or ignore it, but to charge a fee and have the attitude indicated in the first line above is a major public relations

failure.

If it is a loss making business, they why? What is the difference between Rex and his reputed large free list and now?

Yes Ron I meant Sean.

I certainly do not suggest you are making up facts, I was thinking more in terms of taking on the hapless task of defending the indefensible!

The situation will not improve if shortcomings are not acknowledged and addressed. Simply providing more substandard units and failing to empty them regularly is hardly a proper solution.

But then again people will put up with a lot to enjoy the show - to a point.

Edited by N.O.S.

None taken NOS. No point joining a debate without expecting some flak back. It's like being in the pub, you can have an argument but still enjoy a pint together.......Right now I've got a dead bike on the bench to attend to. Ron

You are quite right Rik, I seem to have unwittingly taken up the batten. I don't really know why? Only probably because I see it first hand from the other side. The complaints on here are only a few and thousands of people always attend and seem to enjoy it or at least are satisfied.

However I can't help myself from getting annoyed at the some of the facts, figures and vast profits that are banded about! Obviously those people are privy to the balance sheets.

Ron

The complaints on here are only a few. Yes but in the group I attended with (for seven days) I am the only one that's posted but ALL sixteen were unhappy with the toilets and more so the lack of showers, and I doubt many paying day visitors are on this forum, so I think it is reasonable to assume that the comments made can be multiplied many many times over to get a true picture.

The complaints on here are only a few. Yes but in the group I attended with (for seven days) I am the only one that's posted but ALL sixteen were unhappy with the toilets and more so the lack of showers, and I doubt many paying day visitors are on this forum, so I think it is reasonable to assume that the comments made can be multiplied many many times over to get a true picture.

Indeed.

The old business saw applies: for every complaint there are 10 customers who just walk away and don't come back.

Guess going backwards is allways something people will complain about.

At Folkestone the Toilets near the entrance where we were were excellent. The block was kept clean by the Gurkhas all day.

Going from there to flapless toilets was a dissapontment for me although they were emptied, but even hardly used the sight wasn't pleasant. The owner may not have realised the toilet were a visual horror by its design.

I can't comment about costs because I don't know the organiser. I hope he will get toilets with flaps for next time or even better the toilet blocks from Folkestone.

Yes, there will allways be complaints and they ARE legitimate, after all we are humans not androids.

@Ron, it looks like you can be a mediator between the attendees and the owner?. You allready are doing that a bit by showing some of his views and insights and well done for that. If you can convey the complaints in a factual matter to the owner may alter things for the next show.

But don't shoot the Messenger people, Ron is just trying to get the owners point in the discussion. On a forum things get heated easily even at this family forum!

OK, I'll shove off, I'm not a moderator nor do I know the owner. I do know Ron though.

Thanks for listening.

No !!!!!

That's unfair, it was a new show (to John) at a venue he didn't know and I think on the whole the only thing that could and should have been better were the toilets and showers all the rest just needs fine tuning.

The language in this thread is getting out of hand, the next person to use an expletive will be taking a break from the forum, there will be no warnings.

It's my fault. I should never have mentioned H*nda on an open forum. I apologies. No more expletives from me.

FireShot Screen Capture #164 - '(2) Facebook' - www_facebook_com_photo_php_fbid=1036549333062942.jpg

Did the show have any redeeming features?

Yes it jolly well did, it wasn't at Folkestone for a start, plenty of winge free people had a whole lot of fun, tracked stuff drove around in the evening, there was a tank drag race, the Jive Aces played a lot, there was no helicopter, Spitfires appeared at random times presumably just passing by and some brave bloke took on all the problems of putting a show on and put his money where his mouth is. Good enough for me!

Yes it jolly well did, it wasn't at Folkestone for a start, plenty of winge free people had a whole lot of fun, tracked stuff drove around in the evening, there was a tank drag race, the Jive Aces played a lot, there was no helicopter, Spitfires appeared at random times presumably just passing by and some brave bloke took on all the problems of putting a show on and put his money where his mouth is. Good enough for me!

Well said Bernard! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another innovative feature that John Allison introduced first last year was the Gentleman's Marquee, an excellent idea and we frequented it in the evenings for chat and drinks with friends in nice surroundings. The toilet issue has been blown up out of all proportions, I had nothing to complain about. We should congratulate John on bringing the show back to Beltring, although I did like Folkestone, but its future was curtailed by council plans for building in the area. There was a very good number of 'new' vehicles at the show this year. Looking forward to next year.

regards, Richard

Agree.

Living history was excellent, imo.

If it had been perfect to start with, There would have been nothing to improve, If the people have the confidence to go again next year I have no doubt it will be better. If people gave up on their restoration the first time something broke or a hand got in the way of a hammer, we would not have a show. There is probably a faceless burocrat somewhere who came up with the numbers, or a contractor who did not supply on the day/week what was asked for. It does sound as if the people and the vehicles were worth going to see though. For people like me who cannot afford to travel that far, even though there was a degree of difficulty for those who went, selfishly are there any more pictures.