Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: War and peace 2017 ?

Default Re: War and peace 2017 ?

I booked in last week and got my eticket for printing out within minutes of the receipt of my fee. Tried the ticket on saturday and it worked.

Gordon

2. Advertisement

Neil, you should have access to a W&P account; log in and you can print your tickets.
    Ferg

'91 Ricardo Air Drop Land Rover, 2/3 Paras
    '40 Matchless G3WO
    '43 Matchless WDG3L, Royal Signals
    '85 Armstrong MT500

Quote Originally Posted by matchlesswdg3 View Post
    Neil, you should have access to a W&P account; log in and you can print your tickets.
    Nope - no account on the site mate. Guess I will just have to roll up and try doing it the old way.
    Neil.

Dover Tunnel Team - entry hole plug!

1959 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 GS 16-CL-49
    1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55-FM-58

19xx UAZ 469

First HMVF invasion of Overloon - Feb '09
    First owner of an OT-90 at W&P

Popped down yesterday for a shuftee-and was pleasantly surprised. The site is filling up very quickly, stalls are plentiful, some real nice vehicles on site already, and some very new looking self contained shower blocks had been delivered
    Looking good!
    Terry

Was only able to do today (unlike the regular five), but it was certainly good to be 'home'. A greater number of vehicles, more stalls (regulars returning) and the feel of old.

Roadways were very wet this morning but as soon as the sun came out they started to dry and were baked by the close of day. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the show.
    1957 Dennis F8 Fire Appliance
    1964 Austin Gipsy Fire Appliance

One day military vehicle owner

Shuttle-bus to Paddock Wood runs hourly (not half-hourly as stated), damn-all in the way of signage, and it leaves from the station entrance rather then the industrial estate on the "out of London" side of the track.

They've replaced the old footbridge and there's now a passenger lift.

Chris.
    (Missed the coach due to going straight to the old pickup point, missed the early trains from Birmingham because the misbegotten bus disservice failed to run the 0521 to the station so had to wait another 4 hours 20 minutes for 'Off Peak" to restart. (muttergrumblesnarl) a 20-hour day and I'm doing it again in 4 hours time. Goodnight!
    Last edited by Chris Suslowicz; Yesterday at 19:45.

Interesting to know that there is a bus to the Hop Farm from Paddock Wood Station. As an MV owner I haven't needed to use it but as I cannot bring it along this year I may come as a day visitor.

So where does the shuttle pick up from exactly and which bus firm does the service, or is it done by a coach company like when there is a rail replacement service on mainline trains?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.18...7i13312!8i6656

Quote Originally Posted by LarryH57 View Post
    Interesting to know that there is a bus to the Hop Farm from Paddock Wood Station. As an MV owner I haven't needed to use it but as I cannot bring it along this year I may come as a day visitor.

So where does the shuttle pick up from exactly and which bus firm does the service, or is it done by a coach company like when there is a rail replacement service on mainline trains?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.18...7i13312!8i6656
    Dark red coach from "Ham travel" (I think, since i've been up since 0400 again), I think it runs at 40 minutes past the hour from the station (it has to reverse into the station approach road), and leaves about 10 minutes after the train arrives (so as to allow people to spot it and get on). It'll be parked in the only place it'll fit: left hand side of the station approach road as you come out of the booking office.

Last trip from the Hop Farm to PDW is at 1800.

If it's still hourly and you've just missed it, a taxi fare is around 7, and I used Kent Cars (01892 832285) on Tuesday (number provided by the station staff) I have no connection with them, other than as an entirely satisfied customer.

Today was much better (apart from the weather), and I got home at a sensible hour.

Goodnight!

Chris.

I'm just back from a day's recce trip and I think it's pretty good, virtually back to "normal". Some of the stalls are rather repetitious (how much WWII German militaria does the world really need?) and I couldn't see much in the way of heavy armour. But well organised, particularly the fast lane for pre-paid tickets and I couldn't fault the toilets. Definitely worth a longer visit next year.

Andy

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information