War and peace 2017 ?

Alan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my e-tickets last week, one for vehicle the other a 5 day exhibitor pass. Just print them off and take with you.

Our group leader made the bookings back around the end of April Richard and was told that the vehicle packs would be sent out separately to the owners. As of Monday there had been no sign so I e-mailed the W&PR organizers yesterday evening to find out what was happening with regards to them. And I was stunned to get the reply saying they had no record of our groups booking. Despite the fact the program shows a Cold War Soviet battle - that we know nothing about.

Organiser was going to ring them after he finished work tonight - not heard anything yet.

.....Despite the fact the program shows a Cold War Soviet battle - that we know nothing about........

To be fair, Neil - the first we'd have known about it (the real thing) anyway would have been an air-raid siren :-D :shocking:

Edited by N.O.S.

Go on the website and see if you can retrieve your tickets. You should have had an email when you first booked and paid and this gives you your username (email) and Password to log in to your account where you will find your tickets to download or print.

Edited by matchlesswdg3

Go on the website and see if you can retrieve your tickets. You should have had an email when you first booked and paid and this gives you your username (email) and Password to log in to your account where you will find your tickets to download or print.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I just rang the office and they were very helpful.

I never got a email (lost in the mail?) but I am booked in. I have paid so no problem there.

So she said that there shouldn't be a problem.

I'll just arrive at the booking in with my details and they will give the wristbands.

So I'll see some of you guys there I hope.

Come and say hi if you see a small sign with a Swan and "Camp Kohout" on it.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I just rang the office and they were very helpful.

I never got a email (lost in the mail?) but I am booked in. I have paid so no problem there.

So she said that there shouldn't be a problem.

I'll just arrive at the booking in with my details and they will give the wristbands.

So I'll see some of you guys there I hope.

Come and say hi if you see a small sign with a Swan and "Camp Kohout" on it.

I hope it all works out for you my experience over the years is not and a lot of wasted time while they check things not the girls and lads problem in booking in its just communication from the office to them I think.

Al

I am concerned that what been advertised and we will have maybe different the last few years they have listed the catering and restaurants services this year you click on the page and there is nothing there you click on facilities and again nothing there about showers and toilets also I cannot see anything about the Gurkers cleaning service we have had over the years a good job they did as well. The list of traders is also not listed on there web page. I do hope its just a web page problem because I like many this event as my annual holiday.

Al

I suppose you will just have to target likely people you know for private transactions & they can pick it up from your vehicle.

I always looked forward to the odd items that people have for sale. But the massive sale of stock by a group of our European friends near the vehicle entrance at Folkestone must have been rather irksome for traders who have paid significant amounts for even smaller stall space.

Officially, the sale of goods outside the stalls-area has always been prohibited, even in the old times. I'm sure plenty of people will put some stuff next to their tent again so it will be interesting to see what happens. Of course you can always just put a sign 'feel free to ask questions' next to your items, and if an official makes trouble you just explain to him you're only displaying your collection of 'slightly used Landrover parts' and if he would like to know how many versions of that steering wheel there have been? :-D

At least one trader has announced on his facebook what stall he will have, so there is definitely a list. I think they just didn't bother to put it on the website (yet).

I suppose you will just have to target likely people you know for private transactions & they can pick it up from your vehicle.

I always looked forward to the odd items that people have for sale. But the massive sale of stock by a group of our European friends near the vehicle entrance at Folkestone must have been rather irksome for traders who have paid significant amounts for even smaller stall space.

I can understand the frustration of the stallholders who have paid a lot of money to sell their goods but I would have thought it down to the discretion of the marshals, who are selling a couple of their old items for a bit of beer money as opposed to someone flouting the rules and setting up a massive table and selling goods. Then again I suppose it's clear if there is no selling from the camp sites it's easier to regulate. ( Bet your bottom dollar some will be trying to get away with it.)

I wonder what the legal position is re imposing a charge on anyone who sells without an official stall? Sounds like shaky ground trying to impose any sort of a fine unilaterally. Surely the various unofficial stalls were never any real threat to the official stallholders? How to win friends and support. :(

I was at the Hop Farm yesterday, site looks nice and tidy. Talked to the boss and all sounds good. I am going there with an open mind and treating it as a new event. I think some will try to compare it with old. Looking forward to it. :-)

Only way to go really Richard. The site has doubtless changed since our last time there and its all new owners so we'll give a whirl and see how it pans out.

Only thing that's off-putting at the moment is the booking arrangements seem somewhat screwed. Our groups co-ordinator sent in the group booking for living History in April. And again in May then as said elsewhere I got hit by a request for group details as they had no record of us booking but had us down for a battle - when in fact the reverse is true. So group co-ordinator had to go through it all again. Hopefully now it really is all sorted.