Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: War and peace 2017 ?

Default Re: War and peace 2017 ?

I suppose you will just have to target likely people you know for private transactions & they can pick it up from your vehicle.

I always looked forward to the odd items that people have for sale. But the massive sale of stock by a group of our European friends near the vehicle entrance at Folkestone must have been rather irksome for traders who have paid significant amounts for even smaller stall space.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AEMI, AESP, AO, COSA, CP, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, ETS, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

2. Advertisement

Officially, the sale of goods outside the stalls-area has always been prohibited, even in the old times. I'm sure plenty of people will put some stuff next to their tent again so it will be interesting to see what happens. Of course you can always just put a sign 'feel free to ask questions' next to your items, and if an official makes trouble you just explain to him you're only displaying your collection of 'slightly used Landrover parts' and if he would like to know how many versions of that steering wheel there have been?

At least one trader has announced on his facebook what stall he will have, so there is definitely a list. I think they just didn't bother to put it on the website (yet).
    Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

Quote Originally Posted by fv1609 View Post
    I suppose you will just have to target likely people you know for private transactions & they can pick it up from your vehicle.

I always looked forward to the odd items that people have for sale. But the massive sale of stock by a group of our European friends near the vehicle entrance at Folkestone must have been rather irksome for traders who have paid significant amounts for even smaller stall space.
    I can understand the frustration of the stallholders who have paid a lot of money to sell their goods but I would have thought it down to the discretion of the marshals, who are selling a couple of their old items for a bit of beer money as opposed to someone flouting the rules and setting up a massive table and selling goods. Then again I suppose it's clear if there is no selling from the camp sites it's easier to regulate. ( Bet your bottom dollar some will be trying to get away with it.)
    MVT Member.
    Dodge Weapons Carrier WC51. Dated 1944.
    Mk 2/5 Ferret. 33 BA 93. (Early 1951.)
    Series 3 109 Ex mil. Landy plus a sanky.
    And a room full of Uniforms, Deac's, Medals etc, etc,
    And a very understanding missus. (Who is starting to show more than a bit of interest.)

I wonder what the legal position is re imposing a charge on anyone who sells without an official stall? Sounds like shaky ground trying to impose any sort of a fine unilaterally. Surely the various unofficial stalls were never any real threat to the official stallholders? How to win friends and support.
    Ferg

'91 Ricardo Air Drop Land Rover, 2/3 Paras
    '40 Matchless G3WO
    '43 Matchless WDG3L, Royal Signals
    '85 Armstrong MT500

There is a law in Kent that also comes into play, regarding sale of second hand goods,
    http://www.kent.gov.uk/business/busi...ond-hand-goods
    Richard Farrant

1943 Bedford QLD - 1941 BSA WM20 - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk.2
    MVT no. 1087 - IMPS no. 57 - AMVCS hon. member and Comms. officer
    KVE President and Newsletter Editor

That doesn't apply to private individuals selling their own property though.
    Tanks are mighty fine things
    1939 Caterpillar D4
    1944 M5 High speed tractor
    1953 M75 APC
    1942 M4A4 Sherman
    1978 Can-Am Bombardier
    1943 Matchless G3/L

Hi

After paying (supposedly for extra facilities, loos, showers etc)

This from the W&P website is a bit worrying https://warandpeacerevival.com/on-site-facilities/

Which shows this.

Also no list of traders (coming soon, but has been coming soon for a long time)

Cheers
    Richatd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails W&P Facilities.jpg  

just google'd war & piece 2017 and the site work's perfectly no list of stalls/traders though

regards sam
    Diamond T 969A
    Diamond T 980
    Fruhauf M9 trailer

I was at the Hop Farm yesterday, site looks nice and tidy. Talked to the boss and all sounds good. I am going there with an open mind and treating it as a new event. I think some will try to compare it with old. Looking forward to it.
    Richard Farrant

1943 Bedford QLD - 1941 BSA WM20 - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk.2
    MVT no. 1087 - IMPS no. 57 - AMVCS hon. member and Comms. officer
    KVE President and Newsletter Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Farrant View Post
    I was at the Hop Farm yesterday, site looks nice and tidy. Talked to the boss and all sounds good. I am going there with an open mind and treating it as a new event. I think some will try to compare it with old. Looking forward to it.
    Only way to go really Richard. The site has doubtless changed since our last time there and its all new owners so we'll give a whirl and see how it pans out.
    Only thing that's off-putting at the moment is the booking arrangements seem somewhat screwed. Our groups co-ordinator sent in the group booking for living History in April. And again in May then as said elsewhere I got hit by a request for group details as they had no record of us booking but had us down for a battle - when in fact the reverse is true. So group co-ordinator had to go through it all again. Hopefully now it really is all sorted.
    Neil.

Dover Tunnel Team - entry hole plug!

1959 AEC Militant Mk 1 6x6 GS 16-CL-49
    1973 Series 3 109" FFR 55-FM-58

19xx UAZ 469

First HMVF invasion of Overloon - Feb '09
    First owner of an OT-90 at W&P

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information