WW2 22KW Generator Trailer. Any info please

Here you go

Hi Richard I think your photo could be one of these larger generator trailers with a swan neck draw bar, the one in my photo is smaller & has a straight draw bar.

(if you recognise the location of these photos please don't post it, cheers)

DSC05962.jpg

DSC05986.jpg

Edited by Ian L
Draw bar not hitch

• 2 weeks later...

You were right Richard it did originally have a swan neck drawbar, broke it for spares today.

Nice builders / data plate for keeps.

2 really good wheels that fit my 180 gallon water trailer.

Spare hitch & parking brake for my 180 gallon water trailer or the 20cwt GS / Generator Trailer.

2 wheels arch's for my mates restoration of a 23kw Generator trailer.

If anybody wants the hubs & drums etc PM me asap, the massive heavy chassis is getting weighed in by the owner.

DSC06296.jpg

DSC06298.jpg

DSC06301.jpg

DSC06294.jpg

DSC06292.jpg

DSC06303.jpg

Just saved another trailer for spares, wheels that will go to the czech republic to help with a 180 gallon water bowser restoration, original WW2 11:00x20 tyres which will go again (on a trailer) another spare hitch & a nice data plate.

Plus he threw in a bomb trolley wheel with a good original tyre.

If anybody needs any parts PM me.

23kw 2.jpg

23 kw 1.jpg

DSC06493.jpg

DSC06494.jpg

DSC06495.jpg

DSC06496.jpg

DSC06497.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys any idea what this trailer would of looked like ?

I think the data plate reads.

TRAILER 2 Wheeled ?? ?? 22 KW

GENERATOR SET No1 ???

T.O.A. CON No T640

There was a trailer the same as this on a farm were I was a student in 1987,didnt realise what it was back then but thought it was ex military,seeing your pictures brings it all back,it had a strange tank mounted on it which was tapered to floor,it was quite large & would prob hold water to fill the sprayer,i thought it must have been somesort of MOD water carrying trailer but having seen your pics I now know what it once was,the tank was removed & scrapped whilst I was working there,the trailer was kept,mite have a ride over & see if they've still got it.They also had,which I now know to be a brockhouse ex bowser chassis as a straw trailer which was called "bomber trailer",once I got the trailer bug a couple of years back I asked a retired employee of the farm if they still had it as I wanted it but he said I was a year too late as they burnt it (inc tyres) then scrapped it..wot a waste!!

once I got the trailer bug a couple of years back

Trailer bug !!!! Oh dear there's no known cure for that illness is there Mr C, now lets see, at last count I had about 11 so a long way to go before i'm aaddicted :nut:

Edited by Ian L