Hello everyone I would like to introduce myself:

Rock7

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joseph, but I go by Joe. I was in the U.S. Army for 26 years as an airborne, Infantryman. I have owned two military vehicles the first was a 1970 M151A2 Army Jeep (sold) and the second is a 1952 11E Military Volkswagen used by Vehicle Coy 151 in Lipstedt, Germany. I have been told by many people that this is a very rare Volkswagen. I would like to find more information about my vehicle and if possible who's vehicle this was back when it was used by the British Army.

Thanks,

Joe

11E VW.jpg

Welcome in. The history of VW with the British Army is a whole story in itself. After WW2 the VW factory was visited by Major Ivan Hurst REME who founds bits of Bettles. The bits were assembled and submitted to the occupation forces who took it on. British motor manufactures, including Ford, were offered the VW factory as a free gift. The Muppets turned it down!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joseph, but I go by Joe. I was in the U.S. Army for 26 years as an airborne, Infantryman. I have owned two military vehicles the first was a 1970 M151A2 Army Jeep (sold) and the second is a 1952 11E Military Volkswagen used by Vehicle Coy 151 in Lipstedt, Germany. I have been told by many people that this is a very rare Volkswagen. I would like to find more information about my vehicle and if possible who's vehicle this was back when it was used by the British Army.

Thanks,

Joe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122064[/ATTACH]

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum. Looks like this could turn into a very interesting thread with regards to your VW.

All the Best Steve.