Morris CS8 Wireless House

goanna

Out of interest why does every restoration of a Morris shown on here end up being painted gloss green and not even G3 Green?

Has no one has ever owned an MV that was originally built in SCC.2 Brown?

Mike Starmer's books suggest SCC.2 was around from 1941 to at least 1944 which covers a great amount of wartime production.

Edited by LarryH57

Out of interest why does every restoration of a Morris shown on here end up being painted gloss green and not even G3 Green?

Has no one has ever owned an MV that was originally built in SCC.2 Brown?

Mike Starmer's books suggest SCC.2 was around from 1941 to at least 1944 which covers a great amount of wartime production.

Hi Mate Just to put your mind at rest my 1940 Cs8 A/T is painted Service Brown and I have a very original 1939 Morris CS8 GS which is still in its original service brown too So not all CS8's are shiny green Hope this helps

Just to give LarryH57 more grief, my 1942 Humber heavy utility (progressing slower as I get older) is also painted in lovely dark green. Although it was reco'd around 1956, I've found a couple of parts that probably not touched at that time. One is the rear cover for the transfer case inside the cab, other is one of the rear doors,inner masonite lining fallen off to reveal colour.

regards, Andrew Bstrip 12.jpg

100_6259.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was told that my truck was on HMVF, it may never be finished but it is getting there, side table is now on.

Hope to get the aerials on this year but I have a C8 Quad and an Austin ATV to finish so finding time is hard.

I was thinking of giving it a camouflage pattern when it is finished it was never brown but a dark green

and about as mat as it is now. Paint is the hardest part.

IMG_1642.jpg

Bob